𝕤𝕥𝕖𝕟𝕔𝕙 𝕠𝕗 𝕡𝕣𝕚𝕕𝕖

✰♪✰♪✰♪✰

A nervous jitter followed Lapis that morning, from her apartment all the way to the dance studio. A few days prior, she had received a follow up email regarding her invitation to the second and final audition to become apart of Exiicutions tour. She had no idea what type of choreography they were planning on teaching, so she wore loose fitting yellow army pants. Even if she couldn't dance in those, or it didn't look right with the choreography, she wore a pair of her work shorts underneath.

When she entered the studio, her anxiety intensified. Some of the callbacks were strapping on stilettos. She was directed to a bin of shoes to choose from for the 'interview'. Once she found her size, she cautiously walked over to an empty spot on the floor and began to stretch.

The clock struck the starting time and all of the dancers awaited for instructions from their choreographer as she walked graciously from the speakers to the front of the room. About twenty or so dancers were trying out to become one of Exiicution's performers.

"Good morning to you all." The teacher smiled and bowed. "My name is Miss Pearl and I hope you all have on a pair of heels we provided in the back."

A few of the dancers paced to the back to grab a pair of heels while another spoke up. "What if my size isn't there?"

"Then you'll learn without heels and preform on your toes." A new voice entered the room and the class turned to the short choreographer Lapis had the week before.

Pearl nervously laughed and waved off Amy's remark. "I'm sure someone will share for whenever you preform for us. But don't think we won't dock points for you not being early enough to grab your size."

Lapis raised her eyebrows and saw the girl frown. She shrugged and tried to reposition herself for better comfort on the pads of her feet in the shoes. The class was fast paced, having two choreographers collaborate on one piece. Plenty members of the room had tripped from the height of the stiletto, including Lapis. Even Amy fell once.

Determination mixed with fear was all Lapis could feel besides the throbbing of her feet. She yearned for this and she would try her hardest to nail this gig, and if she didn't, she would have to deal with the torment she hated.

She fell again. A small snicker was heard this time but she didn't let that stop her from getting back onto her feet. It felt like the whole room was mocking her, never saying any words of sympathy or encouragement. No one had talked to her, and she understood. It was a competition, not a friendly get-together.

While a bead of sweat ran from her face from all of the attempts of trying to look good without falling, the studios door opened and entered the famous music artist. This didn't stop some from dancing however, but a few let out a nervous giggle and flirty smile. Lapis could care less. She wanted to impress him with her dance moves to land the job, not be by his side and be his girl.

The combination ended and Exiicution walked to the front where Pearl was smiling. Greetings were passed and then began the orders.

"We're going to have groups of three preform at a time." Pearl instructed. "Please, get in a line and we will begin."

Amy, giving a more than serious stare, stated, "We're going to prosecute you. You should be scared."

The two in the front snorted. They set up chairs and exchanged clipboards to determine the scores of each dancer. Amy played the music over the speakers through Bluetooth and the judging began.