𝕡𝕙𝕠𝕟𝕖𝕔𝕒𝕝𝕝

Shout out to @ICEDOG0803 for being the 400th voter on this story and FreshSans17  for spamming! Thank you all so much for your support!

Art by unknown.

Wow, you're getting back to back chappies. Are you happy? gosh this story is going by so slow... it'll speed up don't worry gaaah

✰♪✰♪✰♪✰

"You better have a good excuse as to why you're calling me so late. Did you get into another fight with Pearl? I swear to the stars I'll knock some sense into the both of you in the morning."

After talking to Amy earlier that night, Lapis couldn't get Exiicution, or Peridot, off of her mind. She considered her options on ignoring the care the blonde was supposedly having for her or actually speaking to her so she could have someone to maybe talk to. She thought that if Amy was telling her lies she would surely beat some ass for playing with her feelings and making fun of her.

"Don't tell me you fucking butt dialed me, again."

Lapis gave a short, breathy chuckle which, on the other line, came a long pause. She hugged herself while the phone was pressed against her ear, leaning up against the bathroom wall for privacy. Exiicutions annoyed, tired, and nasally voice actually sounded actually nice after not hearing her speak to her for a long while.

"Hey, Peridot." Lapis cooed, teasingly. She couldn't help but smirk.

The pause continued. Lapis had to check the phone just in case she was on mute or even hung up. It was still ticking, going on the full minute marker.

"I heard you were worried about me." Lapis started again.

"Lapis?" Came a quiet response.

"Why don't you come check up on me yourself instead of bothering Amy and Pearl?" Lapis raised an eyebrow.

A rustling sound emitted from the speaker and a cough. Peridots voice turned from a sleepy child to an annoyed adult. "You told me to leave you alone."

"N-" Lapis begun but Peridot stammered.

"I mean, I never said I was worried." Peridot sounded nervous, as if she wanted to coverup the fact that she cared. Or, if she even did at all.

Her half smile disappeared as she felt herself enjoying the conversation. She didn't want to get attached, no. But, Peridot denying she cared or wanted to make it clear she didn't, hurt.

"Look." Lapis frowned and scrunched her eyebrows. "I never asked for you to leave me alone, and I never said I hated you. But, it's clear to me that you actually don't care. Forget I even called."

At that remark, Lapis pushed the button and slammed down the phone on the counter. She growled and bit her lip, wanting to hit the wall until a shower of despair crashed onto her. She gripped the edge of the counter until she fell onto her knees to search under the sink. She grasped her designated shower bag.

An unfamiliar song came from Amy's phone as it vibrated, signifying someone was calling. Lapis lifted it to see the screen to have the name 'Peridork' displayed. She quickly tapped the red decline button and continued to search in her bag on the floor.