𝕙𝕚𝕥𝕔𝕙𝕙𝕚𝕜𝕚𝕟𝕘

So, my best friend and I were having a late night conversation and she asked me my long term goals and I said idk. Then, she asked me my short term goals before the end of the year.

I told her that I just figured it out. I'm going to (hopefully) finish my last wattpad book before November so I can participate into Nanowrimo for the book I want to publish.

Also, I want to create new artwork for my art shop, which you guys might absolutely love! I'm so excited to announce them!

Thank you to @LastingLazuli for being my 200th voter! I appreciate you all enjoying my story!

✰♪✰♪✰♪✰

"Are you okay?" The music artist asked after some time. They noticed that Lapis was staring and clutching her calf. Her face was distorted in pain and confusion, with a mixture of surprise.

"You're a girl?" Lapis Lazuli asked, trying her best to ignore the stinging in her limb. She didn't mean to sound rude. She was just shocked that the whole world thought that this person was a male and here he was, defying that thought.

The blonde snickered and rolled their eyes. They clutched their body closer, trying their best to hide their exposed breasts. They looked away for a quick second until the next question popped.

"Are you trans?" Lapis hissed, trying to breathe out the pain she felt through her teeth. Again, she sounded rude but she wanted to know what to call this person and not offend. Did they like to be called a He after all this time, or did they truly wish to be called a She? Or did they like neither and cared to be called in between?

Another snicker came from the unmasked person. Asking a person if they were transgender was insulting. If they were a male identifying as a female, they wouldn't like to be asked if they were the opposite sex or transitioning. Some people didn't mind, but majority are triggered by the question.

"I'm just a girl," The music artist said, "Who dresses as a man."

"Sounds like you're trans." Lapis spoke in almost a whimper. She didn't know anything about being or befriending a transgender. She wanted to learn more, but she didn't have the time with work and the abusive boyfriend she had at her apartment. She barley had anytime to research and couldn't make any friends, partly from her persona and her boyfriend forcing her to only be his.

"I don't-" The music artist began to snap but stopped with a exasperated sigh and turned back to her. "Are you okay?"

Lapis ignored her question and clutched her wound harder. She wanted to fan it from how hot it was growing but she didn't want it to seem like she couldn't deal with pain. She didn't want to seem helpless.

Looking around, Lapis said in a short breath, "I wonder where the others are." Then, after an intake of air she added, "Probably on the other side."

Exii looked at the direction the girl motioned towards. She didn't see any beings beyond the increasing fire and hoped everyone was safe. Before she turned back to the pain enduring girl, she let her lungs taste the mixture of clean and polluted air.

"Look." Exii started, combing her fingers through her knotted blonde hair. "Thanks for saving my life."

Lapis gave a small moan of welcome, not wanting to speak from the fire she felt.