𝕖𝕡𝕚𝕤𝕠𝕕𝕖 𝕠𝕟𝕖

Guys, this chapter took forever and it's SO BORING. I'm so sorry.

Please, enjoy. I need inspiration now.

✰♪✰♪✰♪✰

Instead of practicing for their entry performance last night like Pearl pleaded, they lazied around. They drank Mountain Universe, binged chic flicks, and put on face masks while gossiping. Essentially, they had a sleepover in their own tour bus without practicing their routine one bit.

It would've helped too and Pearl pounded them about it, even if they weren't being judged on it. They figured today was the first day to take this competition seriously, showing off their strengths to every one of the judges and the competition.

The afternoon sun was shining into their eyes as they sat in a wide room with the other competitors. The couches were plush, white, and stain free facing a large flat screen tv that was mounted into the wall. The shows logo was plastered almost everywhere in either neon lights, white poster board backgrounds, or screen printed onto the floor. There was a coffee and water station in the corner and a wallless dance floor meant to practice before going live on TV.

Exiicution has strict orders for her dancers to not remove their masks unless if told. She didn't want anyone to figure out her true identity with process of elimination in the near future. Her and her squad listened to the instructions the producer were giving and what was to be expected.

Since it was the first episode, they needed to be here early to record introductions of not only the dancers, but the judges as well. Following the introduction, small cinematic shots of each team, and a dance circle, they would be preforming a small dance and an interview by the judges in front of a roomful of an audience. It didn't seem like much, but with twenty four competitors, it took hours to complete.

When it was their turn for their introduction, the TV crew set them in front of a dark background with a glowing neon sign of Dancing In A Daze having them stagger in height on a matte, portable bleacher. In front and center was Exiicution, of course, in her mask of mystery, surrounded by her concealed dancers. After they were situated and ready for the signal, the producer gave the signal for action.

"Hey, I'm Exiicution and this is my dance crew," Exii said in her deepest, chillest voice and paused, throwing her hands up with her dance mates and cheering in sync, "The X-iled!"

Instead of waiting for the awkward silence, Exii continues after her crew settled. "I've gathered the dancers I've deemed worthy of this competition and made my own team. We haven't known each other for long, but I think, with all the things we've been through, our bond has become stronger.

"The reason why we chose to wear masks is from the identity we want to keep from the world. Mine included." Exii twiddled her fingers. "It just gives us a boost of confidence to preform in front of a crowd. Not letting their judging eyes bother us."

Then Exiicution smirked and leaned in to the camera. "But, we're getting better at that and we're willing to take the mask off."

That was when the producer cut the introduction. They piled out of the room and waited for the qualifying level to begin. The first episode of every season began with a qualifying entry competition. If you didn't score over a certain score, you weren't permitted to keep competing and were sent home. Exiicution didn't really care about this round, however, due to her doubling the rating to the show. She and her crew would have a clear ticket to the next episode.