𝕝𝕖𝕒𝕧𝕖

Treat yourself with my new Spinel enamel pin! Now available in my Etsy shop! Link in bio.

Also, I made a code for my Wattyfriends! Use the code 'Wattpad' to save!

✰♪✰♪✰♪✰

"Okay." Peridot exhaled through her nose, stuffed her mask into her joggers, and left.

Lapis didn't need this right now. She didn't need any of this. What she needed was serendipity.

Before she began to travel on tour, she didn't have the best of luck. Growing up, she had always been sort of a loner, straying from the idea of friends and acquaintances. She didn't know why, but the idea scared her until she had gotten into high school.

A pesky boy in her class had made it his goal to become her friend. Lapis wasn't keen to the thought, but appreciated this boys lighthearted, positive atmosphere. Soon, he taught her the value of friendship and what she had been missing.

While having newfound joy with her new friend, Lapis tried to gain others. She had found others to enjoy her time with until he came.

Jasper, Lapis's first and only boyfriend, stepped into her life. At first, he was kind: holding her backpack for her or even defending her from the ones that picked on her. But eventually, that sweetness faded into bitterness.

Lapis didn't notice the change in Jasper as the months went on. Being in her first relationship, she didn't know the toxicity she was boiling in.

He would apologize after every tantrum he would throw whenever he lost a boxing match. Feeling guilty, Lapis would cover the bruises he gave her and make excuses to her friends. She had grew insecurities whenever Jasper said anything harsh or taunted her with something she loved. Those faults she thought she had grew to self harm and hatred.

Soon, Jasper got jealous over the friends she hung around with to the point Lapis distanced herself from her best friend and stayed loyal to Jasper side. After graduating alone and celebrating it with a very brutal sexual encounter with her boyfriend, she was forced to move in with him.

The self hatred she grew sickened her, she wanted to be free from the misery she was surrounded in. Luckily, she never gave up dancing. Her passion was dying after disgusting complaints from her boyfriend and rejections from every dance opportunity she had tried for.

Lapis Lazuli had been into many close encounters with death but she didn't expect her dream job to dangle her life before her eyes.

Now, the said blue beauty, clutched herself and let a few tears roll down her reddened cheeks. She couldn't understand exactly why she was crying. Maybe it was from the pain and stress, maybe it was because her life would never get better, or maybe she was crying because she didn't want to get hurt again.

She dug her face into the hoodie so it covered her quivering lip. The sweet smell of Exiicutions cologne consumed her senses and the sadness deepened. She had been nothing but nice to her, and she was her boss.

The familiar thought of getting close to someone scared her. She didn't want to grow an attachment to someone and them tear her heart into shreds of useless pink paper. She didn't know if these acts of kindness were the trust portion of the tormenting process or if Exiicution was being genuine. Lapis decided to stay away.

Lapis looked out the window, the ending thought bubbles floating off the windowsill. Contemplations battled inside her head but she quickly shook her head to rid the temptations.

That won't fix your problems. Lapis tensed her jaw and covered her face with the over sized sleeve. Everything will get better.

But it won't. Nothing will get better. Lapis breathed in, shakily. You're being selfish. You're pathetic. You always have been, what's the point... what's the point in living?

No. Lapis clutched herself tighter. You're okay. Somebody has to like you.

But who would? You've never, I've never had any friends. Those were pity friends, they didn't like you for your real self.

A loud sniffle bounced off the walls. "You're fine. Everything's going to be fine." Lapis choked, trying to calm herself down.

What's wrong with you? Why are you crying?

I don't know. Lapis let out a sob and roughly squished her face to distract her from crying, which only made her want to keep hurting herself. No, no. You're okay, you're—

A sharp gasp caused Lapis to choke on her saliva at the sound of knocking at the door. She hurriedly wiped her tears with Exiicutions sleeve and vowed to breathe through her mouth so no one can hear her clogged nose to know she was crying.

"Come in." Lapis called, softly.

To her surprise, Jenny, one of the dancers she had befriended waltzed in with worry wrapped around her. She had left the door slightly ajar, which angered Lapis if anyone saw her like this.

"Hey, girl." Jenny smiled. "How ya feeling?"

Lapis, to avoid another stretch of tears, just lifted her thumb in response.

"That bad, huh?" Jenny murmured, standing at the foot of the bed. "Amy told me what happened, or, actually, I kinda eavesdropped. I'm real sorry."

Lapis shrugged off the apology. Jenny was a sweet individual. She considered other people's feelings and respected everyone. Lapis didn't mind being her friend, but knew this relationship wouldn't last much longer. Jenny was better than her.

"Is that Exiicutions jacket?" Jenny asked, pointing at the merchandise she was prepping.

The blue beauty looked down at her covered hands that were set on her lap. "Yeah. He thought I was cold."

"No kidding. It's freezing in here." Jenny crosses her arms, then lifted a brow with a smirk on her lips. "Does that mean he's walking around shirtless? Man, I wanna see that."

The question made Lapis snort but she didn't reply. She could never imagine Exiicution as anything other than the kind, headstrong blonde she was. The image of her shirtless with her petite breasts and flat stomach invaded her mind. She wondered if Exiicution was ever going to come back for her hoodie after her selfish remarks.

The room dripped with silence until Jenny opted to escape it.

"Do you want anything from the cafeteria?" Jenny asked. "I heard hospital pudding is bomb."

When Lapis politely declined, Jenny left her alone in her thoughts. She fiddled with the end of her sleeve and rested her head on the pillow behind her. She sighed at remembering her snapping at Exciicution for doing nothing, but she couldn't help but feel angry towards her and the situation, but why, exactly?

✰♪✰♪✰♪✰

(Words: 1082)