From Manila with Love

"I love you, Shen Yue."

She stiffened.

"Shen Yue?"

Her heart stopped.

"Shen Yue, if you still keep quiet, I'm gonna video call you!"

"Ok, ok, I m here! Where is this coming from?"

"From me. I'm just telling you how I feel."

"I know how you feel."

"Really?"

"Hmmm....what happened Didi? Why are you telling me this now? Didn't we talk about this before? About our relationship."

"What relationship, Yue? You never gave me any confirmation."

"Ok, ok. But what happened?"

Didi touched his ear. This woman is gonna be the death of him! Her response was just...arghh!

"Manila."

"Manila?"

"Yes, Manila". Pause.

"Didi?"

She could hear him breathing over the phone. As though as he was finding his words.

And when he spoke, she could hear a tinge of coarseness in his voice. Is he crying?

"When I saw the people, the banners, I felt the love. They called your name, Yue"

"I know. I saw the video."

"Standing there at the moment,suddenly I wanted YOU next to me. I wished you were there. With me. All the time. Always. And be proud of me."

"I am proud of you, Di."

"Yue, success and fame means nothing to me without you in it." He continued as though he did not hear her.

"Didi, I...."

"Wang He Di is nothing without Shen Yue."

Pause.

"Are you still there? Yue?"

"Yue?"

"Yes..."

"I'm gonna hang up now. Hang up!"

The phone went dead. What the heck! This guy frustrates her so much sometimes.

Since Arxan, they became really close. They would see each other whenever possible. Messaged daily. Video calls. Gifts ..matching gifts. When they meet, they would wrestle. They hit each other. They bickered and bantered constantly like breathing air. She let him hold her hands. And kiss her.

But there was no official recognition of their relationship yet. At least not from her. She did say she like him but that's about it. As a friend. Or more than a friend. And only once, maybe twice.

And Didi knew it was because Yue wanted to focus on her career. She also wanted Didi to do the same. To keep things simple. He still remembered her telling him that she was afraid of what would happen if they become official. Like it's taboo. Once official, there will be so many challenges, stress..and what if they could not cope with their career and relationship at the same time? Yue sometimes uses her head more than her heart. It annoys the hell out of him mostly but that is also the same reason why he fell in love with her. She is both brains and beauty.

Incoming video call from Wang He Di.

"Wang He Di! What the hell? Did you just hang up on me??".

"Cool down, tiny girl! I just wanna see your pretty face."

"Pretty face, my foot!"

He laughed. He loves it when she is annoyed by him.

She could hear him laughing away. The one that soften her heart all the time. But she couldn't let him know that.

"Yue, I am serious with what I said earlier. Let's make it official."

"Didi, I..."

Suddenly, Didi moved close to the screen, with that same intense look. That DMS look which caught Yue's heart.

"Yue, you can run but you cannot escape me. Even if you run to Mars, I will chase after you."

She laughed. "Can't you be more original?"

"I am original. I just need to borrow some cheesy lines for you. You like it, don't you?"

"I don't." But she was smiling.

"Yue, I love you. I know you are scared. So am I. But my love for you is more than the fear of us being together. When we are together, we are the best version of ourselves."

He could see Yue in deep thought.

How could he feel so strongly about her? So strong it was almost not possible to think about living life without her.

"I know you need space. I will wait for you."

"Didi, how can you be this sure? I hate you sometimes."

"Hate? That is a strong word. Oh, but it's the opposite of love though. Do you love me, Shen Yue?"

She was blushing definitely.

"You know how I feel about you, Didi."

His eyes registered knowingly, without them speaking the obvious.

"Yue, my filming will start soon, I will
give you time to digest what I just said. But promise me that we will still keep in touch, ok?"

"Okay."

"Oh, Yue..."

"Yes, Didi?"

"When I said "I love you" on the stage in Manila...it was meant for you."

Yue's eyes widened. Didi is now beaming with a serious intense look on his face.

"The world now knows Wang He Di belongs to Shen Yue."

———————————-

Author's notes:

What if their relationship is in a gray area like this? I just had this idea out of nowhere. This is my first fan fiction about DIYUE. My first couple that I ship. I dunno why I love them so much. I feel like protecting them.

Meteor heaven team, thank you for inspiring me to write again after soooooo many years (more than 20 years)