Doctor Dylan

6 hours after Arxan blackout...

Didi woke up suddenly. He was normally a deep sleeper. He was not sure what woke him up but now that he was up, he would need to take some time to sleep back. His tummy rumbled. Damn. Why this time?

He threw his blankets aside and grabbed his sweater and torchlight. It was gonna be a long night for him. First dealing with the blackout, an almost ugly confrontation between Kido and Wu Yi, being in the cold and now his rumbling tummy.

He opened the door and shivered a little. It was chilly outside in the small living room as the heater only heated the rooms. He shone his torchlight. As he turned towards the staircase, he noticed a tiny silhouette at the couch.

"Hello? Who is it?" he called out.

"Didi, is that you?" A small soft voice responded.

"Shen Yue?"

He moved closer with his torchlight and shone at her face.

"Hey, watch that." She raised her arm to shield her eyes.

"What are you doing in the dark?" He noticed that she was bending forward, with her hands on her tummy. Her face looked pale.

"I dunno. I woke up with tummy cramps. I'm trying to find out if this is gastric or food poisoning. Didn't wanna wake anyone up so I came out." She grimaced.

"Lie down." Dylan instructed.

"What?"

"I said lie down. Let me check."

"Oh, so now you are a doctor?" She sneered.

"I studied paramedic subjects and first aid in school. As flight attendant, we need to have basic knowledge if passengers fall sick. Now stop bickering with me."

"Oh..."

She lied down on the couch as Dylan hovered over her. He put down his torchlight and kneeled down. His hands were now on her tummy.

"Tell me if it's painful when I press. Here?"
He pressed at the side. She shook her head.

"What about here?" He asked pressing in the middle.

"Ouch!"

"Oh, you got gastric. Let me get the meds for you. Don't get up, okay?" He said, standing up.

"Didi, you amazed me." She said softly, with a smile.

"What about?"

"You're so prepared." Her ache intensified as she turned her body to the side trying to make herself feel better.

"Don't talk. I will be right back."

She nodded and closed her eyes. She suspected gastric earlier and thought woofing down a pack of biscuits would help. But the pain intensified.

She could hear him coming back. Dylan managed to find a small lamp in the living room so the room now was dimly lit. He grabbed Yue and gently sat her up.

"Here, take two of these. It will relief you in no time."

"How would I know that you are not poisoning me?"

"Yue, stop being ridiculous and do what I tell you." This woman will be the death of me. Even in her pain, she still wants to bicker!

She swallowed the meds and drank the water that Dylan handed over to her. He put the glass down and pulled a blanket over her.

"Okay, I need you to lie down and rest. Come here."

Dylan sat on the couch and pull her towards him and positioned her head on his lap.