His Happy Camp

October 2027

Dylan looked out of his car window as he was approaching the studio and saw his fans camping outside with banners to encourage his upcoming movie project. He got his first break in the filming industry when world-class Director Zhang Yi Mou offered him to be the male lead, in his new movie about Sun Tzu - The Art of War. Director Zhang is famous for his internationally acclaimed movie "Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon" which catapulted Zhang Zi Yi to fame.

When he got the phone call from his manager, he ran around the basketball court, screaming with excitement. The first person he called was Shen Yue.

"You wouldn't believe it!"

"What? You sound like a little boy!" she laughed.

"I am the male lead in Director Zhang's new movie next spring!"

"Oh my God! That is fantastic Didi! I'm so happy for you. When are you starting?"

"Script reading starts in 2 months' time so I will be flying to Mongolia."

"You deserve it, Didi. I'm so proud of you!"

"But Yue, I will be away for long periods of time. I will be homesick."

"Baobei, it's not the first time."

"You know how hard it is for me being away too long. I don't want history to repeat itself."

"Didi....don't even go there. It won't happen again. We made a promise to each other, remember?"

Didi clenched his jaw remembering that 2 long years they were apart from each other. A year after they started dating officially, both their agencies had requested them to end their relationship on the basis that they were at the peak of their career and for the sake of their contracts and their fans. They told them to wait for 2 years. Shen Yue broke down in tears during the meeting and he had to be the one reluctantly agreed to protect Yue from further confrontations. Yue eventually quietly agreed but both knew that their hearts still belonged to each other. They maintained their friendship.

However, Dylan was always on the verge of watching out for Yue's co-stars. It happened a few times. The ultimatum came when a photo was released showing in a distance, Yue walking down the street hand-in-hand with Arthur Chen, Ever Night 1 male lead. He confronted her via video call, demanding an explanation.

"You actually believe that photo? Just because the girl is short and has short hair. I'm so disappointed in you, Wang He Di." Yue was raging, he could tell. Immediately, he regretted his action.

"I'm sorry, Yue. I get triggered so easily. It's not easy for me to..." he started explaining but Yue cut him off.

"Do you think it's easy for me to watch you romancing your female co-stars, being playful with them off-cam and telling myself that Wang He Di still loves me?"

"I still love you, Yue! I can't just be unfriendly. That is my job."

"Your actions don't match with your words. I don't know, Didi. I think we should keep our distance for now. Everything about you hurts me so much." Her tears were streaming down her face.

"Yue, listen to me. I'm sorry." he apologized, mentally slapping himself for hurting Yue again.

"I'm sorry too, Didi. The least we can do is be friends but friends trust each other. And you obviously don't. Bye, Didi."

After that, they just stopped talking and drifted apart. It was the worst 2 years of his life. Seeing Yue laughed with her friends and not with him. Seeing her photos, interviews and her BTS videos with her costars. Dylan regretted behaving like a jerk.