Unaired

Inside Hunan TV editing room....

The assistant editor was looking at the screen and shaking his head.

Looks like I have to work overtime today, he thought.

The editor walked in and asked "How is everything going? We need to air the next few episodes. Remember the deadline please!!"

"Boss, we have a situation."

"What situation?"

"We have too much of DIYUE content."

"Again?" He frowned.

"Err.....There are more this time."

"Didn't we ask them to minimize their interaction before the show begin?"

"We did. But something must have changed during the second time filming of The Inn2. They were very close, especially when they were unaware of the cameras."

"It's like watching Meteor Garden 2", his assistant grinned.

"The Inn2 bosses are not going to be happy with this. Don't we have enough material to air?"

"We do and we don't. If we just eliminate their cuts, fans are going to be curious. They were already complaining of our editing for the first 6 episodes."

Checking his boss' concerned expression, he continued, "And honestly boss, the ratings went up because of them. Everyone wants to find out if they are dating in real life."

"Are they?"

Mr. Assistant Editor shrugged, dodging the question.

"Why don't you see these yourself?"

Mr. Editor plopped down on the chair in front of him and peered closely at the screen.

The first scene showed they were waiting for some guests to arrive at the gate. The camera then panned a wide angle and he could see Dylan and Yue, behind everyone, playing the hand game. Dylan was extending his hand to Yue, which she gladly took. Soon enough, they were hitting each other's hand.

"Okay, we can edit this part here and show the guest's side directly. What do you have next?"

The next scene was after the fashion show. All of them were lining up, with Yue and Dylan standing next to each other. He could clearly see the couple was physically close, both their arms in contact, despite all the thick winter clothes they both were wearing. Both of them seemed to be talking softly (since the mic could barely picked up their audio) and Dylan smiling and glancing at Yue while she was telling him something, using her hands, animatedly. As they walked, she continued to turn towards him, causing her to fall slightly out of formation of the line.

"For this one, just show the satellite cut from the top, far shot so audience will miss both of their movements."

Okay that one was easy, he thought.

"What about this one, boss? I thought this will make good material for the ratings." His assistant quipped.

It was the morning after the blackout. Yue was sitting on a chair, calling the boys to wake up. Then, she got down, motioning her right hand to Kido to wake up. Kido sat up but Dylan was still motionless under his blanket. It was a far shot, and it was easy to miss out but Mr Editor had eagle eyes. Despite her left hand being obscured from the view of the camera, he could tell that her hand was resting on or touching something. Or someone. Was her hand touching his head?

Wu Yi looked over to her direction and suddenly Yue started fanning Dylan's blanket with her left hand, saying "Wake up, wake up.".

"Any other shots for this scene?"
Assistant nodded.