Won't Cry

⚠️ Mildly mature

Yue was still in her pajamas on her bed when he left her apartment. This short reunion came as a surprise for her, knowing he had a tight filming schedule. It had been too long they were apart, only being connected via video call and messages. She had missed him.

But, Yue noticed he was different this time when he came home. When he got to her place after his photoshoot, he hugged her so tight that she had to ask him to release his grip. He was not his chatty self even when he ate the food she prepared for him. Was he extremely tired? When he asked if he could stay over, she did not say no. She sensed he needed her. Lying down on her bed again, she recalled last night. Her skin started to tingle again and she blushed, nuzzling her face on her fluffy pillow.

"Didi, what's wrong? You have been so quiet," she asked.

They were cuddling on the sofa after dinner, listening to music. She was leaning against him and when he did not say anything, she turned to look at him. His eyes were faraway.

"Didi?"

He got startled when she called him. Then, he touched the nape of his neck and smiled. "Sorry, Yue, I was just thinking."

"About what?"

"Just random things. Like what will happen if we are being forced apart."

"Didi! Why are you even thinking about that?"

He laughed. "I sounded very gloomy, right?" He sighed. "Yue, I could hear bombs ringing next to my ears even after we finished filming..as though I was really in war." His eyes turned misty. "When they filmed the little girl who lost her parents, I was there. I wasn't supposed to but I stood by the side and watched the whole scene. It was not real but it felt like it." He looked at Yue. "That little girl could not stop crying even after Director said cut." His head hung low, "I wanted to run to her and tell her this is all an act." Her heart sank when he said,"I could not share this with my co-stars. They would think I am being silly. Why did you think I play so much basketball during my breaks when I could rest instead? It keeps my mind off this."

Yue turned and put her arms around his neck and rested her face on his chest. "I didn't know you were going through this, Didi. I'm sorry."

"I could disengage myself when I filmed EN2 but with this one...it took me a while. Some nights, I had nightmares. I woke up thinking that someone took you away from me. It was so real, Yue. I was scared." He tightened his grip. "I'm an actor, for God's sake. What should I do, Yue?" His voice was hoarse this time.

"Do it like me. Pretend that Wang He Di is an actor, and he is not you."

She raised her head and smiled at him. Lifting his chin, she said "No one will take me away from you." His eyes brightened up and his upper lip curled a little. "Not even 'him'?" She knew whom he was talking about. She put her arms around his neck and kissed his lips "Do you think a red carpet event is going to come between us? Wang He Di, you need to have more faith in me." He smiled "I do. I might just show up." She straightened up herself. "Really? You will? Please please do! Even if we don't walk together, I feel better when you are there." He pulled her close to him. "I'm working on that. Yue....I missed you so much."

With that he placed his warm lips on her soft ones. She opened hers to welcome him. How she had missed this! Didi deepened her kiss and she responded passionately, their tongues mingled fervently, making up the time they were apart. When his hands went inside her shirt to her stroke her back, she trembled a little. Her hands went inside his as well, feeling his flesh on her hands. Didi moaned and nibbled her lips. His hands went to cup her soft breasts, it was an intimate move that startled her but she wanted it too. Their hands roamed to touch each other. It was the first time they had passed the boundary of kissing. Didi's touch put her on fire, she had never felt so alive. His hands went to caress her flat stomach, as his lips kissed her soft spot between her ear and neck. She moaned.