Old Friend

It was crowded, with strangers surrounding her but Yue thought she saw a familiar face. His slightly long wavy brown hair and his distinctive side profile sent a wave of excitement to her.

"Blake!"

Blake turned and spotted her. He smiled.

"Oh my God! It's really you!" She almost screamed, suddenly remembering she was in Paris, among high fashion show enthusiasts. She put a hand over her mouth to cover her excitement.

Blake walked towards her, grinning, with his arms open. Yue walked towards him and they hugged. She was grinning from ear to ear. It had been 2 years, almost, since they last met.

"Shen Yue, it's good to see you." He wanted to ruffle her hair but refrained himself since she was all dolled up today. He stole a glance at her with an approving look.

"What brings you here? I'm so happy to see a familiar face in Paris." Yue beamed.

"I love fashion shows. Plus, I wanted to see if I can bum into you. You look amazing! I'm so jealous of Daoming Si. Is he here?" He asked, looking over her shoulder.

Yue laughed. "Didi is filming. I probably should call you Thomas."

"I'm forever Thomas to you, my friend." He smiled.

The photographer motioned them to stand closer to take a photo. They obliged. Thomas held Yue's arm as he felt there were people coming behind them. Yue automatically linked her arm through his. A fan called out to them and she turned to smile at her. Blake said something and urged Yue to move forward.

"Be careful. Let's move along so we can chat."

"How is your schedule? Are you planning to visit the Eiffel Tower?" He continued.

"Yes! If I have the time. I must!" She gushed. "I still can't believe I'm here."

"I have been following your progress in China. It's remarkable."

"A gwai lao like you with Weibo? That is interesting," she teased him.

"Don't laugh. I'm half Chinese. And I need to keep tabs on my friends too."

"What have you been doing after Meteor Garden?" she asked. She was aware of certain glances by the people standing around them.

"The usual. I'm travelling a lot and doing my journalism work. Not much acting stints, though but it's ok."

Yue's staff called her. "Oh, I think they need me to take more photos. Will I see you at the Lacoste show tomorrow?"

"Of course! I will come to see you." he winked.

Yue smiled and let a sigh of relief. "It's good to hear someone speak my language. You have no idea how lost I felt."

Blake squeezed her arm. "You're doing great. See you tomorrow."

The next day, when Yue arrived at the show, she saw a lot of people gathering outside the stadium. Some Chinese people too. Her heart leaped. She had missed home terribly. Or maybe him specifically. He had not been responding to her messages that much since she got here but she understood. Filming was crucial this month.

Her eyes scanned the crowd, searching. She saw Inga and then she saw him. As though sensing her presence, he turned to her and waved. Yue flashed a smile and walked carefully towards them. Her feet hurt today. One more show and I can be wearing my comfy flats, she thought.

"Hello Inga. Thomas hi! Blake, I mean." she smiled, embarrassed that she called his on-screen name without thinking.

Blake laughed. "You can call me whatever you like, Shancai."