Kiss 1

Incoming video call.....

"Yes, Cheng Jia Shu?" she smiled. She had just finished recording a new variety show and was walking back to her hotel room. "Aren't you afraid that someone will see you talking to me?"

"I'm in my room, just finished shooting. Are you walking?" He asked peeringly close to the screen.

"Going back to my room. Just finished recording. I expect you to call." She grinned.

He raised his eyebrow "Oh, why?"

"Why don't you tell me why?" she teased.

"I have seen it. How many scenes did you have, Tong Xiao You?" He asked lowering his voice.

"You can count through the trailer, right?"

"It looks like more than 5! Did they do a remake of MG with you and Jerry-ge?" he asked, sulking.

"He even has a line from there," she chuckled. As upset or annoyed he looked, Shen Yue always found it amusing when he become a green-eyed monster. Is she still Shancai, addicted to her own Daoming Si even after 2 years?

"Why are you not even disturbed that I'm jealous?"

"Because I know you will be but you still trust me. Anyways. I never asked you about your kissing scenes with Yi Ren and Zhou Ye. I might even become 'hulk' when the trailers are out. So we will be even!" She smiled as her other hand put her hotel card to the door and opened it. "Hold on." She placed her card on the power source and then plopped down on her bed.

"I don't have as many as you have, Yue."

"Didi..." she started, touching the screen, on his face. His look became soft.

"It's just a job."

"Yes, I know. I still cannot control how I feel sometimes. Sorry." he said quietly. Then, he looked up at her with his puppy eyes. "Forgive me, please?"

"Forgiven."

They smiled at each other.

Yue watched his face. He looked tired, his puffy eyes were reappearing and he looked like he lost weight again. Filming must be tough. Earlier, she had seen his scene with Zhou Ye through a fan cam. Her heart tugged a little when she saw him reached out and caressed her face. Perhaps she was in the making of a 'hulk'. At the same time, she prided in him that he had improved his craft in a short time. She knew he would one day be a supernova, trailing a blaze of fireballs behind him, leaving marks in people's hearts. Only she wanted to be the deepest mark in his.

Wang He Di felt his earlier emotions dying down as he gazed at her beautiful face. His girl was getting more beautiful everyday and sometimes he felt like he had to catch up with her. He was aware she had growing new admirers. He wanted to be selfish- to keep her as his but he also knew that she was a star, meant to shine in the world and it was wrong for him to shut her light out. His only hope was that she would still put him first in her heart.

"Wang He Di."

"Hmmm....." he said still looking at her quietly.

"You know you are the only one in my heart." She said, shyly. His heart pounded. How did she know he need to hear this?

His lips slowly curled up into a grin. She knew he needed affirmation. They needed each other.

"I can't wait to hold you in my arms again, Yue. I promise we will meet soonest." his look was soft.

She touched the screen again, tracing his 'hairline'. "I'll be waiting for you. For as long as it takes."

"Yue, I'm not sure if we can celebrate my birthday again this year. I might be filming."

"Then, let's do ours together on mine! We can do hotpot and invite our friends over."

"Can't I have you all by myself?"

"I knew it! Let's do both. I miss our friends too. And I miss you."

"You're just saying the last line to make you feel better," he teased. She smiled, relieved that his mood was lighter now.

"Okay, I'll be honest. I miss the food you cook. Cook for me please when you come home?"

Didi cleared his throat and straightened up. "Yes, lao po da ren!"

She giggled. "You dream it too early, Wang He Di."

"I'm already planning it."

"You're just saying it to make you feel better!"

They laughed.

"Do you still have the Donald Duck suit?"

"No, it was a rental."

"Oh...."

"Didi....."

"Shen Yue. I love that pink suit. Wear for me."

"What for?"

"When I come home. Let's do role play. I'm the CEO and you the secretary."

"Wang He Di!!!"

He laughed when she blushed.

"Yue.....Everyday gets better only with you."

For the next brief seconds they memorized each other's face before ending the call.

Ping.

Yue, I didn't say this just now. You are so beautiful.

I didn't say this too. I love you, Wang He Di.

3000 times, Shen Yue.

_________

Author's note:

A short one because I miss them together.

💜💛 Hsien
2.11.2019