Their Happy Camp

"NOOO, I'm not doing it!" Dylan shook his head, profusely.

"I don't see you have a choice, Didi." He Jiong said calmly.

"Yue, help me!" He looked at Yue with pleading eyes.

"Baobei, you will be fine. We have done it before, right?" She replied gently but firmly.

He Jiong smiled at the two.

***********

Earlier, as He Jiong turned towards the stage, Xiao Liang came running. "Teacher He, Mr Producer wants to see you now. It's urgent!"

He nodded and calmly followed Xiao Liang to the production room.

"He Jiong, you really mess up this time." his producer said.

"Do whatever you want but let me complete this show first," he replied.

"You mess up SO WELL! This is a good mess!!! We have decided to air their confession." declared his boss.

"Tai hao le! (That is good!)," He Jiong exclaimed excitedly.

"But on one condition, they have to wrap up the show. Right now, we have a cliffhanger for the audience."

"What do you propose?"

"This is our plan. But we gotta move fast."

********

"Don't you remember how embarrassing it was for me the last time?" whined Dylan.

There were three of them in the room - Dylan, Yue and He Jiong. He Jiong was standing by the door facing Dylan, who was shifting his leg left and right. Yue watched the two of them.

"Teacher He, can you give us a minute alone, please?"

He nodded "I will give you 5."

After He Jiong left, Yue led Dylan to the chair and sat him down. Then she sat on his lap sideways, hugged his neck and leaned her face on his shoulder.

"What are you doing, Yue?" Dylan asked a little taken aback with her display of affection.

"I didn't come here to end the night with you being unhappy. We have finally told everyone about us. And it's because Teacher He helped me." she admitted.

"He did?"

Yue nodded, watching his Adam's apple bobbing up and down when he swallowed. "He facilitated the segment. I think we owe it to him to keep his job."

Dylan sighed. "You got me. Why do you always know my soft spot?"

"Because I am Shen Yue." She smiled.

"My future wife." Dylan beamed. He pulled her hands away from him and looked at her.

"What you did today took a lot of courage. I am so proud of you, Yue."

"Then let me be proud of you tonight. We will face it together."

"Together. From now onwards, it will always be together." Dylan neared her face and kissed her gently. Yue leaned herself close and responded. When they pulled apart, they were breathing heavily. Yue shivered and blushed. After all these years, Dylan still affects her like a schoolgirl.

She stood up and adjusted her skirt. Dylan got up as well and put his arm around her waist.

He winked and cleared his throat. "Ready or not, here I come again."

Just then, there was a knock on the door. Yue shouted, "Come in."

It was Xiao Liang. "Hi, Yue-jie. Teacher He asked me if you and Didi-ge are ready for the finale." She looked at Dylan and nodded shyly. Yue caught her schoolgirl glance and smiled.