Wired

Friday, 30102025, 1205

"WHERE IS SHE?!!!!" Dylan shouted holding him by his collar. His brows furrowed, feeling the heat rising to his neck from anger.

Wang Yi Bo emitted an evil laugh. "Officer Wang, by the time you get to her, it will be..." he turned his palm upwards, gesturing an explosion movement "POWWWWW. You will only see her pretty face in pieces. If you can recognize them! Oh, I'm good!"

"You are the worst animal ever lived! Tell me where she is right now...or else..." he clenched a fist, aiming at his face.

"Or else what? Officer, you are not very good in persuasive skills, are you? She can be far, yet near" narrowing his eyes with his smug smile.

"Take him away! We are wasting time here." Dylan ordered the other Officer.

"But you need me to tell you where she is!" Wang Yi Bo exclaimed. "Where to pick up the pieces!" He laughed as they took him away.

Peng Chun came running. "Officer Wang! We managed to trace Officer Shen's location with her tracker."

"I didn't know she has a tracker."

"She always does. Ever since her near death experience." Didi pursed his lips.

"Wang...she's in our headquarters."

"WHAT?? That son of a bitch. How did he get past security? Alert all personnel to evacuate the building. Bomb squad to stand by."

"Do we have time?"

"We must. Give me the tools." Dylan commanded and took off.

__________

Friday, 30102025, 1238

Dylan followed the tracker that led him to one of the conference halls in the building.

"Officer Shen! Are you in here?"

He walked in. She was tied to a chair. Her face was pale. She was taped over her mouth. There was a bag in front of her. She was as still as an animal hiding from its predator.

Dylan rushed to her and removed the tape.

"Officer Wang, don't come any closer. Go save yourself."

"The hell I will."

"This is a command."

Ignoring what she said, he leaned forward to inspect the black bag. There was a bomb strapped to her.

There was 5 minutes on the timer.

"Listen to me, Officer Wang, we don't have much time. You need to clear the area and evacuate everyone from the building." Her voice was shaky but calm.

He wasn't listening. "I'm here to get you out, Officer Shen, tell me what to do." he said calmly, and then staring right at her. Yue recognized that resolved look.

"You are still stubborn as a mule, Officer Wang."

He smiled. "We're a match.."

She sighed "Okay, open up the case carefully. No sudden movement. You should be able to find the screws by the side and on the top."

He proceeded to grab his screwdriver and started the process. "I'm doing this for your boyfriend."

She frowned "Didn't I tell you that it's hard to have a relationship with a job like mine?"

He proceeded to unscrew the second one. "Who's the guy we met at the cafe?"

"You mean Dylan."