Heart & Soul

"Wang He Di, wait up!"

When he saw a few girls walking towards him, he froze. His eyes darted around, looking for a place to hide. What is wrong with these girls?

It was March 14. Girls present chocolates to the boys they like, hoping that their affections will be returned.

Last year, Wang He Di only got 2 chocolates, one from his desk mate aka Admirer No.1, Sun Qian and her rival, who was his desk mate this year, Admirer No.2, Chao Yue. Both of them had caused him so much headaches that he wished everyday he could just snap his fingers and disappear. Or maybe he could make them disappear like how Thanos did it.

You are bad, Didi.

His quick feet took him hurriedly across the field into the library. Those girls definitely won't dare to come in and make a commotion. Miss Kang Keren, the librarian, would take no nonsense from students who use the library as a courting venue.

No one was at the counter when he entered. There were not many students. Wait till the mid-term exams, this place would be full. He sneaked a glance behind him. He seemed to have lost the fangirls. He sighed as he sat down at the corner table.

His life was never the same after he helped to win the basketball championship for the school last year. He was a reserve and was called in the final three minutes of the game. The school literally went wild when he scored the last few points easily. The whole auditorium screamed his name "Wang He Di! Wang He Di!" He basked in that glory for that moment but what happened after that was a nightmare.

Now, everyone knew that Wang He Di was not just an A-student geek, he was a cool baskerballer too. Only to him, he was anything but cool.

Almost every day, he received letters from girls. When he walked, he felt pairs of eyes stalking him even when he walked to the bathroom.

His braces was making him uncomfortable today as he pursed his lips. Suddenly, he heard loud whispers entering the library. Gosh! The mob was here. He knew they were led by a new admirer, An Zi Yi, who was the cheerleader captain, followed by her best friend, Wang Zi Zhen. She had never noticed him until that significant event. Blame it on Xi Ze! Why did he break his glasses that he was forced to wear contacts lenses on game day?

Now, ALL the girls in school know that Wang He Di had a pair of mesmerizing eyes, with his stare rumored to burn right through any girls' heart and soul. Hiding behind his thick black-rimmed glasses was futile.

He quickly walked to the end of the library towards the media room. No one would use this place during break time. And it was the perfect hiding spot.

People said this room was haunted. A girl hang herself here as she was falsely accused of stealing. Out of desperation, she turned the lock from inside and tied a rope to the ventilator fan to end her life. Since then, they said the door automatically opened and shut daily at 2pm even though no one could see who did it.