Snail Mail

Her heart was full. In the last 48 hours, she had seen so much, and felt so much. She was bursting to share what she had experienced. There was only one person she thought of.

This was the furthest part of the world she had travelled to. How she wished he had come with her. She was not able to express everything in messages and she did not want to interrupt his work. An idea struck her. She used to do it for fun with her friends. Instead of emailing, they would send each other snail mails. She delights in receiving letters physically. They are always the best way of communication.

She took out the hotel letterhead and stationery. The air is crisp with the smell of autumn setting in. The perfect mood for a perfect letter. She breathed in the air and put her pen down on the paper.

Dear Wang He Di,

By the time you receive this letter, I will be back In China. I had always wanted to do this- writing a letter to a friend and sending it from a faraway place. I also know that I can communicate best in writing. You are the first person that I have in mind to share what I have seen, heard and felt in Paris.

I slept very little on the flight to Paris. I might be nervous, thinking of the next day. But when I saw a banner at the airport with my name (my name in FRANCE!), my brain woke up! A lovely lady handed me a fan letter and told me many people loved me. I was touched. Did you see the video they posted on Instagram? I looked so tired but inside, I was rejuvenated. Was this how you felt when you were in Manila?

Everyone in Paris was so nice to me. Especially Inga and Silja. They pampered me too much! They took care of everything for me- my outfit, shoes, hair and make-up. All I did was smiled at the camera and did a video for Instagram. I even got a copy of our ICON edition! Oh by the way, they gave me an extra with your cover on it. 😉

The fashion show....I cannot describe in words. I was seated next to guests who were either speaking French, German or some strange foreign language. You can see my confused look at the video they took! I laughed at myself. Here I am, an actress in China but a little helpless girl, lost in translation, in Paris. However, I was secretly thrilled that no one knew me. I was free to be myself and enjoyed the show. Did you see me trying to speak to the designer? I really love his dress and dying to bring it home. The shoes as well!

Oh, I met Thomas! I mean Blake. He did not change much. Still goofy, funny and warm. I wished we could talk a little but the day schedule was so tight and we had a few minutes for small chat and photo. We must come back to Paris and visit him! You guys love each other I know. Why do you always have this kind of bromance with your co-stars??? (I am not jealous).

I have some leisure time tomorrow to walk around Paris before the Lacoste show. I have a list of to-dos- visit Eiffel Tower, Champs-Élysées, The Lourve (my staff said I cannot be greedy), have teatime at the local cafe, (I AM NOT dieting in Paris!!) and bag shopping. Me and my wishful thinking.

But Didi... you know what I really like to do? I can just imagine in my mind a typical day in Paris. Here goes........."

She continued writing for the next half hour and when she reached the end of her letter, she signed her name "Y." Not Shen Yue. If this letter fell into the wrong hands, both of them would be in hot soup.

She doubled and tripled check the recipient address. She sprayed her perfume on the letter and envelope. Then she shook her head. Will the fragrance last the journey home? She smiled. Tomorrow she would post this when she reached the city's post office. How long does it take to arrive home? Only one way to find out.