Kiss 2

Yue bit her lips. She narrowed her eyes. She bit her fingernails. Her brows furrowed. She closed her eyes for a second and took a deep breath. She pursed her lips. Is something wrong with me? She asked herself. Why am I not feeling it? She checked her watch and gasped! Little did she realized, she had binge watch 5 episodes of Ever Night 2, ending at episode 11 with 3 more to go before they uploaded more episodes.

She put aside her phone and leaned back. The announcement came to get the passengers ready for landing. Yue fastened her seatbelt and smiled. She could not wait to be at home. But first things first. She brushed her bangs and put on some lipstick, glancing herself in the mirror. Something must be wrong with me. She decided to shrug it off and focused on the present. In a few moments, she got to do the most incredible thing ever.

When she landed, she headed directly to the luggage belt, not turning anywhere else. Her face mask hid her face well. Her dark blue light jacket felt a little warm on her now. Earlier, she had removed the yellow winter jacket which her fans caught her on camera, to avoid attention, away from prying eyes in the airport. No one seemed to have noticed this petite actress walking in their midst like an ordinary person. Her driver would be waiting for her at their usual spot, some walking steps away from the main exit. She quickened her pace. She did not notice the people around her. Many like her came home to be with their family for the Chinese New Year, known as the Spring Festival. There were smiles, hugs and laughter all around her but she was oblivious. She could not be late.

Her driver was standing right next to the black car. Even from a distance away, she noticed his new cropped hair. She teased him for looking like basketballer Jimmy. But he insisted that it was a hip hop look. As if sensing her, he turned and their eyes met. It had not been long since they last met but electricity was exchanged and their smiles, even though hidden behind their masks, reached their bright eyes.

She started running, pulling her only luggage with her. Pack light, he had reminded her. Since he took some of her bags home earlier with him, to the suspicion of Hao-ge. But he told him there were gifts for his family.

She reached him, panting. They were still looking at each other. He quickly pulled her to him and crushed his body to her tiny one. "Welcome back to Chengdu." She smiled as she buried her face on his chest and inhaled his cologne smell.

"How was the flight?" he asked, his eyes checking around for anyone who might noticed them. "Good. I am at episode 11." She said with a grin. He groaned. She lightly hit his chest. "Baobei, I tried so hard." He raised his eyebrow. "Tried so hard to...?" She smiled again and he knew it was a teasing smile. "Tried to feel the chemistry. But nope, Ning Que and Sang Sang felt like brother and sister to me." She then laughed. That laugh which tickled him. A second later, he followed. He put his hand on his nape and grinned sheepishly. "I know. I tried hard too. I imagined it was you during our close scenes." She nodded.

He patted her hair. "Why are you not jealous?" he demanded. She shrugged. "I wanted to. I should. But baobei, I could not. Is something wrong with me?" She looked up with her big brown eyes. Once he stared into hers, his knees started to go weak. He reached out and caress her hair. "Don't think so much about it."

Suddenly she pulled away and tugged at his hand, her eyes looked mischievous. "I want to kiss you." His eyes widened. "Here? Now?" She smiled and jumped up to land a peck on his cheek. Then she jumped again and again the third time to kiss him. He laughed, realizing what she was doing. He grabbed her body with both his arms and said "No public affections here. Let's do that at home..." She laughed again. "I know you can't carry me with one arm since I'm heavier!"

"Try me!" he grinned. He grabbed her and put her over his shoulder like a sack of potatoes, her legs dangling and her squealing. A few heads turned their way. She whispered "Hey, we are drawing too much attention here! Let me down." He shook his head. "My Sang Sang is not able to walk." She giggled. "Okay, Shao-Ye. I am all yours."

When he finally did, they held hands for a while before he kissed her on the forehead. "I missed you. Let me feed you well before we go back home to your parents." She nodded shyly as she squeezed his hand before entering the car. She inhaled the air around her. It was good to be home. He is my home.

_____________

Author's note:

It has been a while since I wrote. Am I getting rusty? A short one to welcome the Spring Festival and remember that Diyue is real. I love them. I miss them.

💜💛 Hsien