II. Meeting Wang He Di

Shen Yue checked her watch and looked at the announcement board. Another 30 minutes for boarding. She took her journal out and started scribbling a to-do list for Phuket. "Why on earth did I agree to Hsu-jie?" she muttered, shaking her head as her mind wandered back to their conversation last week.

"You want me to do what?"

"He is shooting in Phuket at this new luxurious hotel. The fan club needs new materials and I could not find anyone based in Phuket who would do this for us. Please Yue Yue, it's just for a week."

"Jie, I have to complete my final year thesis this month! I can't afford to extend another year," Yue cried.

"Oh but going to the beach might give you plenty of inspiration to work on your thesis." Dee Hsu smiled and put an arm around Yue.

Yue looked at her, thoughtfully. Hsu-jie continued "Come on, please do me this favor, baby girl. I love you. Just take this as a fully paid vacation."

Yue sighed. It was impossible to say no to Hsu-jie. After all, she is funding her post-graduate education at Beijing National University. "Okay, jie. Send me the flight details. I will make arrangements with my professor." Hsu-jie squealed and hugged her.

Yue picked up her duffle bag when the announcement came up. She entered the business class boarding gate. She was not a stranger to travelling however this was her first time to business class and she found herself fairly excited.

She found her window seat easily. As she tiptoed to put her bag on the top cabin, she lost balance and fell backwards. A strong arm steadied her to break her fall.

She turned to say thank you and met the gaze of a pair of big brown eyes like hers. And a mask. She had seen this set of eyes before.

"Didi!"

"Eh, Yue Yue, it's you. What are you doing on this flight?" His eyes smiled.

"I'm going to Phuket. This is my seat."

"Oh, I think we are seatmates."

"Really?" She thought. Darn.

"You sounded disappointed," Dylan raised his eyebrow.

"Not at all. I'm just surprised. Where is Hao-Ge?" She looked past him.

"The first class is fully booked so he and my other assistant are sitting at the economy section," he explained.

The person behind Dylan cleared his throat. They muttered sorry and quickly moved into their seats to make way for the passenger.

Yue buckled her seat belt. She was feeling uneasy.

"How come I don't see you at the airport anymore?" he casually asked, while putting on his seatbelt.

He noticed that too? she thought. Wang He Di is not just a handsome face. He is smart and sharp.

"Oh, Hsu-jie found someone else to do it. And I had been busy at uni. It's my final year," She pointed out.

"So this little vacation is to de-stress, I suppose?"

He had pulled down his mask and removed his cap. Up close, Wang He Di is gorgeously handsome. His gaze felt like it was penetrating her. His long eye lashes made his gaze even softer and...attractive. She swallowed her saliva. How come I never noticed when I was doing the recording? He even smells good.

"Erm...yes...no...Argh!! I don't know if I should tell you," she blurted. She hated lying. Especially to Mr Nice Wang.

"Tell me what?" He was leaning close to her.

"Didi...I am actually on an assignment..by Hsu-jie".. she narrowed her eyes, looking at him.

Dylan looked at her "Let me guess, I'm the assignment."

She let out a sigh "Oh, this is so embarrassing!!" She covered her face with her hands. And then she straightened herself and looked at him.

"You know what? I'm gonna tell her I'm quitting and I will find a way to pay her back. Don't worry, Didi. I'm not stalking you." She said firmly.

He laughed. Why is he not angry with her? She was puzzled.

"Relax, Yue Yue. You should keep your word. As long as you don't shoot something inappropriate of me..." he drifted off with his words and grinned.

Yue smiled and sat up. "You don't mind? You are so nice! I'm gonna be the best snooping reporter then."

"How good is your English? Are daily conversations ok with you?" He asked suddenly.

"Yes. Some of my professors are from England so it's norm for me to speak. Do you need help?" She knew that his English was just "666" as he described. She had watched that episode of Super Idol and a few others.

"Yes!! They want me to do some waitering this time so I can't escape." He groaned. She laughed.

"Let's make a deal, then. You teach me English and I will give you what you need. Since this is for my fan club, anyways." He winked.

She squealed and touched his arm. "Oh this is awesome! Now what do you want to know about English?"

They continued chatting till the plane took off and until the stewardess came to serve them food.

********

Dylan did not dare to move. Yue had fallen asleep on his right shoulder. He was listening to his music after the meal while she dozed off. Suddenly he felt movement and turned and saw her head on him. He could smell her hair. Nice shampoo smell, he thought. He peered down at her. She looked tired. I will just let her be.

When she touched her arm earlier, he was surprised that he did not flinch. In fact, it felt quite nice. And right. She looked so excited to teach him English that he did not notice time just passed by quickly. For the first time in months, he enjoyed his flight.

Yue started to stir. Thinking that he did not want to embarrass her, he quickly leaned back and closed his eyes, pretending to sleep. He felt her lifted her head from his shoulder and sensed she was stretching. "Ahh...that was nice sleep. Didi, thanks...." she started. He felt her looking at him.. and she whispered "Thanks for your shoulder" She patted his arm and took out her headphones.

Dylan opened one eye and watched her. Her side profile was even better to look at. Sharp nose, long lashes, smooth jet hair and her lips... He shuddered. He had the urge to tuck her hair behind her ear. Dylan squeezed his eyes closed as he felt his heart beating fast. What is going on? He focused on deep breathing to distract him. Within seconds, he was fast asleep.

He was awakened by the stewardess. "Mr Wang, we are arriving soon. Would you care to fill up the arrival card please?"

Yue put her headphones down. "Let me take that and I need one as well. Thanks."

She winked at Dylan, "Give me your details. I can be your assistant too." Dylan smiled and handed his passport and hotel info.

"Wang He Di! I can't believe we are staying in the same hotel. I mean how did Hsu-jie know?" She exclaimed.

"She must have friends in high places," Dylan grinned.

"That makes my job a whole lot easier. I could do some snooping in the morning and then spend the evenings working on my thesis. Then, night swims on the beach." she said snapping her fingers.

"Am I invited to your night swims?" He could not believe that he was flirting with her now. It was hard to resist, honestly.

"Absolutely! Ask your whole crew too. It will be fun!" She looked back at the arrival cards and started filling the blanks again.

Dylan watched her. This trip is going to be interesting.

**********

Author's notes:

It was not meant to be multi-chapter but here you go. I dunno how it will end. So please stay with me!

Love Hsien.