Round 1 Results - ChickLit

We're back with another list of results! 

Chicklit participants, get ready for the top 12 books!

A huge thank you to our judges5sosxruel , Word_Sailor and WriterAEF ! 

The below-mentioned books move on to the next round, Round 2 where the Top 6 will be picked to move on to the final Round 3. 

A note to the participants, you guys are ALL excellent writers. So don't be disheartened if you don't see your name up here. I'm adding a short review of each selected book so that aspiring writers can know what makes a judge tick. 

For those who did make it, congratulations! See you in the next round.

Judges, you will be reassigned new books for Round 2 (of course). So if you judged this genre, and wish to do it again, PLEASE comment below.

Here we go!

Round 1 results:

1) Heartstrings - vheenessa

Score: 46/50

Review: Right away the reader is pulled into the story. The way it's written entices us to keep going; to want to find out what is happening and why.With some very minor grammatical/diction edits, you have the potential for a perfect first chapter. Including a pronunciation for "Adaora" would be welcomed as well. 

2) 24 Hours - naburrito

Score: 42.5/50

Review: The cover is beautiful! It goes so well with the story. (The melting ice cream is like a sand clock!) The only place improvement is needed was the blurb. If it would have been modified a bit, the book's amazing.

3) Songbird - TheSamyP

Score: 42/50

Review:  The cover was something, and the grammar and vocabulary wins it. Other than that, a decent book.

4) Butterflies - the_blankcanvas

Score: 41/50

Review: The blurb is relatable and goes well with the title. We felt the cover could get a little upgrade. If the first chapter was a bit longer, there would have been more room for engaging the reader.

5) Too Much Cliché - gracemark11

Score: 41/50

Review: Cliché! The story was cliches. This could either make or break the fate of the story. The story had an interesting element of having a dog's corner at the end, to express his opinion. This was a really unique idea. The problem readers can face but, is that things were a little confusing in the 1st chapter.

6) You're My Kind of Wrong - thatblondreader

Score: 40.5/50

Review: The title seems lovely. For such a story line, the cover and blurb could have been much more enticing. The cover doesn't direct you anywhere. The grammar and vocabulary were perfect.

7) Love Fool - elusive_6788

Score: 40/50

Review: We enjoyed how descriptive it was, and that the school had the comparison of a prison. Going through childhood wasn't rushed, and it set the character up nicely. There wasn't much dialogue, and although there isn't a large climax, it does leave us hoping for Eva.

8) The Game - deliriousdiamond

Score: 39.5/50

Review: The cover should have been more related to the blurb because it suggests the story to be of a completely different genre (Mystery or even Paranormal) The first part is enticing enough to hold the reader.

9) Wattpad Letters: A Vintage twist into a modern love story - eliyeda

Score: 39/50

Review: We enjoyed how the book presented the guy, and then showed how young girls are made to deal with this behavior. They had an interesting dialogue, and all of the grammar was correct, however, it doesn't leave us wondering how something will be resolved.

10) When Stories Come Alive - wordscassata

Score: 38.5/50

Review: The storyline is simple. This can fall in either side of the fence. The reader may love the simplicity or just discard it terming it boring. Either way, a refreshing read. 

11) IChooseYou- JoyWriter101

Score: 38.5/50

Review: The setting was beautifully created.Though there was still more scope of character development. The cover could have been more creative.

And that's it! Due to the lesser number of entries, we picked the Top 11 instead of the Top 12 to move onto Round 2. 

To the ones whose names are not on this list, we hope you still had fun. And that you'll stick around to see how this contest turns out. We hope to see you again soon, for the next iteration!

Hearty congratulations to the selected participants!

Stay tuned, more results coming up within the next few days.

Lots of love and thanks,

-Team Writers' Choice