Winner Interview 4 - General Fiction

Hello everyone! Another interview with another winner is here for you guys!

Firstly, we realized that we have readers and followers from so many different parts of the world that it's crazy! So a big hello to our readers from Nigeria, Botswana, and the Philippines! 

Secondly, we have sent out a few covers and the winning sticker to people. If you do get around to using them, do let us know! We'd love to see that. 

Now onto the interview. We recently interviewed our First Place Winner in the General Fiction Category, sophocIes! She is a 16 year old, extremely talented writer who has already written two successful works on Wattpad and has quite a huge fan following! 

We asked her a few of our favourite questions and here's what she had to say: 

Interviewer: So this is one of our most commonly asked questions to writers. What is the weirdest quirk that you have that you think helps with your writing?

sophocIes: The weirdest quirk I have when it comes to writing would be how much time I spend on thinking about the style of each of my characters. I've always loved clothes, so in my head I do enjoy imagining what they would wear in a daily basis. Maybe that's just me :P

Interviewer:  That sounds fun. Are there any authors you take inspiration from?

sophocIes: On wattpad my two absolute favorite writers and inspirations are audreyhornesheart and mythmouth .I cannot express how much I love them. Honestly, they both deserve to be published writers. The way they use not only language but symbolism and foreshadowing in their stories...it leaves me speechless.

Interviewer: Talented writers for sure! Are there any new genres that you would like to explore? If so, what are they?

sophocIes: I actually wanted to write a dark romance/psychological story. I don't think I have enough experience yet to do so, but it's something I want to to try eventually.

Interviewer: We're sure you'll get there. How do you select the names and personalities of the characters? Do you base them off of real people?

sophocIes:  For names, I honestly just choose any I think are aesthetically pleasing. If they don't roll of the tongue well, I don't use it. I also try to avoid names I see on Wattpad a lot. Personality wise, I think that most of my characters have at least a small hint of my own personality. I think this is due to the fact that I have yet to write characters who are polar opposite from me. The other day I was looking over my characters and I realized that they're all slightly sarcastic and cynical...oops.

Interviewer: Hey, as long as the readers love it! Finally, any exciting upcoming projects you'd like to tell us about?

sophocIes: I'm currently writing Satin is Not Silk, which is a cinderella inspired romance with a small Romeo and Juliet twist. Besides that I don't think I have BIG upcoming projects.

And that's it!

Thank you so much for sitting down with us for this interview, Kirsten!  

We love the vibes we got from reading these answers by this talented writer, and we are so glad we got the opportunity to get to know her a little better. Since we're all either writers/aspiring writers, it helps to know how the whole process comes along for those who have popular writing pieces! We hope you'll also check out the books she recommended as her favourites, they do sound incredible. Thank you for being a part of these awards!

Other interviews with our remaining First Prize Winners will follow suit, so stay tuned x
Meanwhile, if you're stuck at home, bored and with nothing to do, check out the book recommendations we've been posting on our feed. We're sure you won't be disappointed.

Thank you for sticking around, readers and participants. We love you all, and we can't wait to get more of these prizes out for you all. Spread love and positivity!

- Team Writers' Choice