Winners - Mystery/Action/Adventure

Hey everyone! 

Another batch of results is here (yay) and despite having received these months ago we couldn't post any of these. 

We're so sorry we went off grid for a few months. But promises are promises, and we hope all of you are doing well. Thank you for still sticking around, we replied to all the messages we've received over the past few months and we can't thank you enough for being so patient and understanding. 

We'll hopefully be putting up the results for the remaining categories as well. Let's hope. 

Huge thanks to our amazing, all-rounder judge who judged not just one but TWO categories for the final round. You'll always have a special place with the Writers' Choice Awards Team. 
Thanks, HotChoclateCreme !

So, without further ado, here we go!

Third Place

In Between Realms - PurpleAlien122

Score: 36/40

Review: In Between Realms has magic, well developed characters and a good writing style paired with a sarcastic sense of humour. You have a sarcastic and somewhat humorous main character, a wonderful Aunt and good dialogue. The dialogue is natural and smooth and each character has a distinct way of talking. One thing that needs to be improved is grammar. Throughout the story, there's no period after Mr/Ms/Mrs and there's run on sentences. Almost all grammar errors would be eliminated if they're corrected.

Second Place

Felix Stone and the Ten Truths - marionstartley

Score: 38/40

Review: The best part of Felix Stone and the Ten Truths is character development and dialogue. The characters personality is shown through realistic and natural dialogue. At the end of each chapter, we have a paragraph where future Felix is reflecting on the past and it's both impacting and foreshadowing something bad. Overall, grammar is good; there were only a few mistakes. However, I wish the chapters were a little longer and give the reader more information on what's going on. Despite this, I still think it's a great book with a well developed world, great writing style and originality. 

First Place

L.O.T.U.S - SeleneCC101

Score: 38/40

Review: The writing style in LO.T.U.S. is good and world that is well developed, even with the small details. An example is the bathroom in "hospital" being designed in a way so nothing can be used as a weapon.. As the story progresses, you can see the characters being developed. For instance, a new character Draven is introduced and the author does a good job of painting him as a good and kind person.

And there you have it!

Congratulations to the winners! You deserve it, and we hope your story receives more views and votes and comments each day!

To the ones who didn't make it, don't be disheartened. It was quite a close competition, and your books were still great. If you want your score and review by the judge, message us and we'll send it to you personally. We still hope you had fun in this contest! And we definitely want to see you in the next iteration.

Everyone, do check out the above books if you like! They're worthy winners and we're sure they would love the support.

To those who won, you'll be contacted shortly regarding your prizes (check the earlier chapter to see what they were!) and your books have been added to our winner's reading list.

Stay tuned for more.

- Team Writers' Choice