Winner Interview 1 - Mystery/Action/Adventure

Hey everyone! We hope you're all doing okay, amidst the spread of the virus and the quarantine.

 Since we had some extra time on our hands, we decided to go ahead and post an interview with one of our First Prize Winners (as promised): SeleneCC101 

Selene is a wonderfully talented 19 year old girl, who has a penchant for writing and reading books! 

Her book, L.O.T.U.S won First Place in the Mystery/Action category, and we decided to ask her a few questions to get to know her better. Here is how it went: 

Interviewer: So, how long does it take for you to write a chapter on an average? 

Selene: Writing a chapter would usually take me about 3-4 days (including editing because I'm mildly OCD about spelling and grammar). But that's if I feel good about a chapter. Otherwise, it sits untouched for a week or two and then I try to tackle it again. 

Interviewer: Interesting. What is the weirdest quirk that you have that you think helps with your writing?

Selene: I often zone out and start daydreaming (way too much!) while writing which makes the story play out in front of me like a film. Then I write what I see! 

Interviewer: Wow, that's a nice tactic! Next, are there any authors you take inspiration from? 

Selene: SARAH J. MAAS, RICK YANCEY and ISAAC MARION! * high pitch squeal *

Interviewer: What about the names and personalities of the characters that you write? Do you base them off of real people? 

Selene: I like to look up weird and wonderful names that have meaning behind them. I sometimes take certain aspects of my friends and apply them to my characters. But they're my guinea pig readers so I try to avoid it (∩_∩). 

Interviewer: I see. Lastly, do you have any favourites on Wattpad? If so, what are they? 

Selene: Wyrmrot by ssmith314, Expiration Date by Mikaela Bender and ANYTHING from LEStorm (but she took her books down). 

And that's it! It was really nice to get to know you better, SeleneCC101  

We hope you'll stick around for any future iterations of these awards, and that you had a great time! Congratulations once again! 

Other interviews with our remaining First Prize Winners will follow suit, so stay tuned x 
Meanwhile, if you're stuck at home, bored and with nothing to do, check out the book recommendations we've been posting on our feed. We're sure you won't be disappointed. 

Thank you for sticking around, readers and participants. We love you all, and we can't wait to get more of these prizes out for you all. 

- Team Writers' Choice