Winners - FanFiction

Hi everyone!

The next set of results is here!

In case you didn't check out the previous chapter (and our humble apology), we'd like to say a huge sorry again to all of you who waited. And waited. And hates us for ditching you mid awards. We never wanted that, but life happened and what were we to do?

But we will keep our promise to finish these awards, and we will deliver what we had said during the initial stages of these awards. 

Huge thanks to our judge, HeyyOli for judging this category. We really, really appreciate you taking out the time for this!

This was probably one of our most requested category of results, and we're so sorry we took so much time. 

So here we go!

Third Place

Rush -5sosxruel 

Points: 32/40 

Review: Loved the way different types of sentences and punctuation were used to emphasize parts of the story. Very well narrated. Though the story did not incorporate a very realistic representation of drug abuse rehab/mental health facilities, the plot itself was still a very original concept. Dialogue was a little overused and a little emotionally short, but was otherwise well-written. While there was development for the protagonist's character, there was not much personality shown throughout the story. Although mental illness and substance abuse does in fact affect these people a lot, they still have prominent personalities in real life, and that seems to be missing from Freya. 

Second Place

Enigmatic Fate - xRedxMoonx

Score: 36/40

Review: Fantastic narration, descriptions, and overall method of telling the story. Might do better, though, with a mix of shorter and longer sentences, instead of just long ones. Minimal spelling errors, but a good amount of the sentences could be spliced so they aren't so long; some of the phrases are borderline run-ons. Readers can feel like they are growing with the protagonist, understand her and her flaws, and see the difference in her and the love interest throughout the story. Very good use of dialogue and words, but it may be better in some situations to allow characters to express more emotions and thoughts using their movements and actions. A fantastic original concept for a Peter Pan story, and told extremely well, but there is little build to an overall climax. There is not a whole lot of motivation shown for characters to fix an issue or confront an overall problem.

and finally, 

First Place

LifeSaver - teaa_mi

Score: 37/40

Review: Some descriptors (adjectives and adverbs) are overused and pause the flow. Overall, the story is narrated very well and the use of different types of sentences and suspenseful phrases helps push the story along beautifully. A great use of character development. The characterization overall for the protagonist seems very consistent and as a consistent development, but some of the other characters tend to fluctuate a little in terms of personality/characterization. I have yet to see a story with a plot quite like this one, especially for a BTS fan-fiction. It is told extremely well, and has one of the most original plots I have personally read. A very good flow between dialogues, and each time a character speaks, it is very realistic and understandable.

And there we go!

Congratulations to the winners! You deserve it, and we hope your story receives more views and votes and comments each day!

To the ones who didn't make it, don't be disheartened. It was quite a close competition, and your books were still great. If you want your score and review by the judge, message us and we'll send it to you personally. We still hope you had fun in this contest! And we definitely want to see you in the next iteration.

Everyone, do check out the above books if you like! They're worthy winners and we're sure they would love the support.

To those who won, you'll be contacted shortly regarding your prizes (check the earlier chapter to see what they were!) and your books have been added to our winner's reading list.

Stay tuned for more.

- Team Writers' Choice