Winners - General Fiction

Whoa, can you guys believe it? The THIRD batch of results is here. We gonna keep them coming in, people! (are we on fire or not?)

On a side note: We will be unable to upload the remaining results for about a week for personal reasons but after that, they'll all be up for sure! 

We hope you're ready for this because you sure have waited a long time for it!

Big thanks to our extremely efficient judge Nova_Zura for judging all of our 12 Round 1 finalists and picking the Top 3. We adore you! 

We're so excited, so without wasting any time, here we go: 

Third Place

Resurrection - AuraliaMinnet

Score: 35/40

Review: Eliza as the main character gets a real good introduction in the first 6 chapters. One of her strengths is being able to adapt and grow quickly to the circumstances needed. From an uncertain woman at the beginning, we get hints and information she is smart and cunning and knows hows to use her intellect. Yaru and Daniel are also 2 interesting characters. I found the story very pleasant to read. The use of language is easy, I did not find much repetition in words thus you don't get bored as quickly. the use of language makes it readable for most people.

The little dialogue we have in chapter 1 feels a bit strange at times, but as the story progresses it becomes more natural and flowing. The way Eliza speaks shows her identity and it matches. It reads quick, informs all we need to know and does not feel like there is a lot of unnecessary talks. It's a really strong point of the book.

 Second Place: 

Fate called me a pussy - King_Of_Adarlan

Score: 38/40

Review: This had me hooked from beginning to end. What an idea and what a story! I love the fact the chapters count back from 15. From chapter 15 till 11 the story had me reading on and wanting more. It's clear where it's going and what's going on. The breaks between 'real-time' and the past flow smoothly and I'm not once confused where we are. Both in 'real-time' and past, we want to know more thus the writer maintains both interests of the story. A solid ten for sure! Interesting premise and til now, very well executed without becoming confusing.

The characters are so powerful and well put. They all have clear personalities and are highly entertaining. The main character is sarcastic and fun while also being a total ass who does not care. Fate and Coincidence are also well put and I can imagine them completely! Very well done.

And finally, the First Place Winner

When Lust and Envy Meet - 

Score: 39/40

Review: Wow.. just wow. I am blown away by the writing style. It's so smart, intelligent and the descriptions are beautiful. I love the references to art, the comparisons between characters and the old ages. It makes for a read which might not be the easiest on a Sunday evening, but a very engaging one, one that holds your attention and keeps the reader active. The only downside is, it might be too much for the casual reader of wattpad.

We see flashbacks, present time and 2 pov's. We see 2 boys, both with their personal baggage start out as enemies, learn how they become enemies and in chapter 6, see them seek each other out in an act of desperation. The game is on. So yes, this is so enticing! There are no big storylines here. There is the storyline of two boys and their lives, how they entwine and it is so interesting I want to know more.

And that's it! 

Congratulations to the winners! You deserve it, and we hope your story receives more views and votes and comments each day!

To the ones who didn't make it, don't be disheartened. It was quite a close competition, and your books were still great. If you want your score and review by the judge, message us and we'll send it to you personally. We still hope you had fun in this contest!

Everyone, do check out the above books if you like! They're worthy winners and we're sure they would love the support. 

To those who won, you'll be contacted shortly regarding your prizes (check the earlier chapter to see what they were!) and your books have been added to our winners reading list. 

Stay tuned for more. 

- Team Writers' Choice