Winners - Historical Fiction

Hello everyone! 

Yes, yes we HAVE been late in posting these results. Our team was quite occupied for the past few days so we found it really tough to edit, compile and post the results but we'll be posting the remaining over the next few days! 

Did you miss us? 

No worries! We're back

Huge thanks to our amazing, all-rounder judge lenonxay who judged not just one but TWO categories for the final round. You'll always have a special place with the Writers' Choice Awards Team. 

So, without further ado, here we go!

Third Place

Morendo - lionobsession

Score: 30/40 

Review: Your descriptions were very good. Moira is such a brave and adventurous woman who seems like she loves to seek thrills. And what is one of the best thrills, unfolding a Victorian murder that includes an antique music box! Very interesting plot. 

I did notice a conflict in the timeline. Pizza was brought into England in the year 1905 and the Victorian era ended in 1901. I understand this is a fiction and this does not have to be corrected, it was just an observation. Moira's life is such an interesting one. Well done!

Second Place

Lydia - toomuchtohandle21

Score: 32/40

Review:  Your book was oozing with that authentic southern charm. I absolutely loved how you threw us into the country life. I loved how Lydia and her brother related. Very hilarious and I absolutely loved how they all spoke. Lydia and Daniel's relationship was so very sweet! I was mostly smiling as I read your book. Lydia's relationship with her family is such a lovely and beautiful one. I just couldn't help but fall in love with the characters. Well done!

And finally,

First Place Winner

Malediction - josotore

Score: 32.5/40 

Review: I love your descriptions of Ireland. I've never been there, but you took me on a journey with your words. I love how historic it felt. The locations and countries where the Fae existed were accurate in history. I absolutely loved your descriptions of the druids. I thought I knew some mythology but I never knew the druids were Fae. What an exciting trip you took us with Peadar. Although there were a few grammatical errors, which are easily fixable, your book did not fail to be interesting and a really good read. Well done!

And there we are!

Congratulations to the winners! You deserve it, and we hope your story receives more views and votes and comments each day!

To the ones who didn't make it, don't be disheartened. It was quite a close competition, and your books were still great. If you want your score and review by the judge, message us and we'll send it to you personally. We still hope you had fun in this contest! And we definitely want to see you in the next iteration. 

Everyone, do check out the above books if you like! They're worthy winners and we're sure they would love the support. 

To those who won, you'll be contacted shortly regarding your prizes (check the earlier chapter to see what they were!) and your books have been added to our winners reading list.

Stay tuned for more. 

- Team Writers' Choice