Round 1 Results - Fanfiction

FanFic results are here!

The below-mentioned books move on to the next round, Round 2 where the final Top 3 will be picked.

A note to the participants, you guys are ALL excellent writers. So don't be disheartened if you don't see your name up here. I'm adding a short review of each selected book so that aspiring writers can know what makes a judge tick.

For those who did make it, congratulations! See you in the next round.

Thank you to our judges writingcolourless and shardapathak ! And a huge thanks to stela28 for stepping up to this task at the last second!

Judges, you will be reassigned new books for Round 2 (of course). So if you judged this genre, and wish to do it again, PLEASE comment below.

Here we go!

1) Our Hearts and Other High Notes - QeenieN

Score: 49/50

Review: The first chapter was very well written, except for a few spelling errors. The cover is simple and nice, not too overdone, just what is needed.

2) The Potion - --EmmaLee--

Score: 48.5/50

Review: We really liked the storyline and how it started. The first chapter gets the reader to want for more. The cover is good enough too. Minimal grammatical and spelling errors.

3) Train to Toronto - Tankytoon

Score: 48/50

Review: Let's just say BTS Stan's will like this story very much. The cover and title say what it is about and the writing is done nicely. The story is nice and makes you want to read more.

4) Adventures with Sirius Black - dollymouse

Score: 47.5/50

Review: A unique Harry potter fanfic! The cover is nice and clean and we like the way the writer has written it.

5) Enigmatic Fate - xRedxMoonx

Score: 47.5/50

Review: We had never read a Peter Pan fanfiction before and we're glad this was our first. The cover is gorgeous and it was beautifully written.

6) Pandora Spirits - Heiwire

Score: 47/50

Review: Beautiful story! We were tempted to read the next chapters since it was so good. The cover is very cute and we like it. A few obvious mistakes but nothing major.

7) 12 Devils - bangtanbtsboys01

Score: 46/50

Review: Wonderful book! BTS lovers will love this book. 

8) Spiderman's Babysitter - emmajacie

Score: 46/50

Review: The pace is reminiscent of marvel, and it captures the characters very well. The title takes away from MJ being the main character and can be misleading (until reading the blurb and first chapter) It is clear that MJ is the protagonist and has her own stand-alone reasons in the story as opposed to being an extra in a spiderman story. Still, compelling introduction!

9) Rush - 5sosxruel

Score: 45/50

Review: Interesting fanfic about 5sos! You don't have to love the band to love this story, it's that good.

10) Tale of 2 Worlds: Lancer's False War - Lady_Rhey

Score: 45/50 

Review: A very well written story, the cover also fits the story quite well. Neat work. The story is a bit confusing at the beginning of the chapter but it makes sense as you read further.

11) Patient Justice - DragonBookReader1096

Score: 44/50 

Review: An intriguing read, definitely one to read more of. 

12) Lifesaver - teaa_mi

Score: 43/50

Review: This is some interesting BTS fanfiction, with a very hooking twist to it. Very good introductory chapter! 

And that's it! Despite Fanfiction having a whopping 23 entries, we still had to stick to the rules and select the top 12. Quite a few didn't make it by a very small margin, and we want you to know that that's okay. Marking is relative and varies judge to judge and we don't want ANY of you to feel that your book is not good enough. So keep writing and keep entering in contests! You'll get there. 

To the ones whose names are not on this list, we hope you still had fun. And that you'll stick around to see how this contest turns out. We hope to see you again soon, for the next iteration!

Hearty congratulations to the selected participants!

Stay tuned, fantasy results coming up within the next few days.

Lots of love and thanks,

-Team Writers' Choice