Winner Interview 3 - ChickLit

Another day, another interview!

We're so glad that our winners are responding actively to our questions and we get to churn out new chapters this frequently for all of you because we didn't think that was gonna be possible. 
We know we've lost quite a few followers and people's interest over the past few months but we're sure glad of the ones who are still sticking around. 

As we make new covers, we are sending them out to the winners who had given us some form of communication to send their new cover and the winners' sticker. It is completely upto you to use them or not, but we sure will be glad if you do, and if you stop by for a few minutes at theendofeverything03 's profile. She's the one who's been doing all the graphic designing for these awards! 

Anyway, we got candid with another of our First Place Winners, naburrito who is the genre winner in the ChickLit category! 

She is a 21 year old romance enthusiast, and she loved being interviewed since it was a new experience for her!

So here is how it went:

Interviewer: First, how long does it take you to write a chapter, on an average?

naburrito: On average, about 3-4 days. Which I think is a LOT compared to other writers who can chunk out chapters in a day. For me, it depends because even though I like to keep an outline of my story, my characters sometimes like to say, "Actually, we don't want to do that anymore." And then I end up rewriting and editing so much which adds to the average time it takes.

Interviewer: Well, you can't rush perfection, can you? Next, what is the weirdest quirk that you have that you think helps with your writing?

naburrito: Hmm... the weirdest quirk, let's see... well, my writing style is very character & dialogue-driven, so I'm not sure if this counts as a "quirk" but often times I'll find myself doing something throughout the day and be like, "What would Eden do in a situation like this?" or if I'm eating dinner, "Does Aiden even like tomatoes?" It helps me gain a better understanding of my characters even though a lot of times it's just trivial things. One time, I took a personality assessment for my characters just to see what they got! It was interesting, and though I couldn't really do anything with the type, it was fun to read through the questions and really think about what each character would do & how each character thinks.

Interviewer: That's amazing! Well, do you have any favourite books on Wattpad?

naburrito: Oof, I have wayyy too many favourite books here on Wattpad! Honestly, anything by EmSlough will always be worth your time (The Art of Falling is hella good). Lemon Sorbet by snickerous ,  It's Not Like the Movies by emtheadvocate , and Sounds Fake, But Okay by Miss-Atomic-Bomb are also some of my favorites! 

Interviewer: We definitely will check those out now! Additionally, are there any new genres that you would like to explore? If so, what are they?

naburrito: I think Sci-fi and Fantasy would be super fun to explore! There's sooo much that goes into those genres in terms of world-building, and I really admire anyone who has taken a crack at it.

Interviewer: We're sure you'd be great at those. Lastly before we leave, do you have anything to say to your readers and/or followers of these awards?

naburrito: There's something Margaret Atwood said that always sticks with me whenever I feel like a sh*t writer: "You become a writer by writing. There is no other way. Do it, do it more, and do it better. Fail, and fail better." To the readers who read 24 Hours, you hold a special place in my heart. Thank you for supporting me and believing in my writing in times where I didn't. I know I'm not the best author out there, and that's okay because in the end, it's a process -- we're all still learning despite whether or not you're a reader or a writer! So congrats to everyone who participated in the WCA and to those who had the guts to hit the "publish" button in the first place! It's scary and it's hard, but isn't that part of the art?

We love the vibes we got from reading these answers by this talented writer, and we are so glad we got the opportunity to get to know her a little better. Since we're all either writers/aspiring writers, it helps to know how the whole process comes along for those who have popular writing pieces! We hope you'll also check out the books she recommended as her favourites, they do sound incredible. Thank you for being a part of these awards! 

Other interviews with our remaining First Prize Winners will follow suit, so stay tuned x
Meanwhile, if you're stuck at home, bored and with nothing to do, check out the book recommendations we've been posting on our feed. We're sure you won't be disappointed.

Thank you for sticking around, readers and participants. We love you all, and we can't wait to get more of these prizes out for you all.

- Team Writers' Choice