THE PREPARATION

AUTHOR'S NOTE

Hello beautiful people! I've decided to put my A/N's in the beginning of the book so you all can actually read what I have to say. Firstly, I would like to thank you all for reading! All of your views mean so much to me, you don't even understand! With that being said, I would really appreciate it if you would please VOTE and COMMENT. I'm trying to climb my way up the mafia stories and get this book really noticed, so it would mean the world to me if whoever reading this would vote! Thank you all again for understanding!

Mia's Dress :

fifteen. | THE PREPARATION

THE BRUTE DIDN'T SAY MUCH after that. He sat at his desk, scribbling away at his paperwork, flipping to another page and repeating. It seemed like quite a tedious task, but Mia made the decision not to speak on it. The woman sat in silence across from the suit–clad man, twiddling her thumbs awkwardly. She didn't know whether to get up and just leave back to her room or to wait for the Don to dismiss her. After a few minutes went by before the man finally looked up.

"You're still here." He spoke, tapping the tip of his pen against the paper he was filling out. Mia presses her lips together and raised her shoulders.

"I didn't know you wanted me to leave."

"So you decided on sitting there and staring instead of opening your mouth to speak?" His accented voice said. Mia's face flushed as opened and closed her mouth trying to think sod something to say. She wondered if the Don was just naturally rude or if it was just to her.

"N–No, I'm just saying—" The Don cut her off by rubbing his fingers on his temple, as if she was giving him a headache. Mia closed her mouth.

"You may leave, Mia. Matteo will be out there to escort you back to your room." He used his pen to point to his door. "Rest. You will need the energy for tonight."

Mia looked at him. "Tonight?"

"Did I stutter?"

She was really starting to despise this man. She opened her mouth to speak once again. "I just—"

"I said, Matteo will escort you to your room. You can hear, yes?" He said nonchalantly, going back to his papers.

Mia glared at the man before begrudgingly getting out of her chair. She angrily walked out of the office. She was immediately met with not Haiti, but a chestnut haired male who looked a few years her senior, and twice her size in muscle. That must have been Matteo. The man glared at her with intense hatred, making her wonder who pissed in his bowl of cereal.