THE CLUB II

A/N : I'm so sorry for the delay! I didn't have the story written like I usually do! Please don't forget to vote and comment!

seventeen. | THE CLUB II

FOR AS LONG AS MIA COULD REMEMBER, Mia was a star student. She wasn't a genius, but she wasn't far from becoming one. Intelligence ran through her veins, and she knew it. She flew through school with ease, her grades not dropping below a ninety average once. She took pride in her brain and where it could lead her. However, in this moment, she felt nothing short of an idiot. How could she let this happen? How stupid did she have to be to trust a murderer? How stupid did she have to be to believe his word that nothing would happen to her? The Don had abandoned her. Sold her to Faldo in exchange for information. She had never felt so used and played her life. She gritted her teeth, staring at the door ahead of her. If she wanted to get out of here, she had to think. It was obvious that the Don wasn't true to his word. She had to depend on was herself now. Not that she ever strayed far.

Mia's analytical orbs scanned the room. It was small, save for the small mattress she was on. The room was painted a light lavender and—No, no, no! She had to focus on the things to aid her escape. She quickly turned around, nearly jumping for joy when her eyes landed on a slightly rusted, but large vent. On the upside, the vent was large. If she put enough elbow grease into busting it open, she could crawl through. The bad news was it high up into the wall. Her mind wondered, thinking that if the Don was here, he would have been able to reach it. She glared bitterly. How ironic. She shook her head in an attempt to get his dark features out of her head.

She shakily got up from the mattress, her ankle slightly sore from when Faldo's men threw her. She let out an uncertain breath before looking up at the browning vent once again. The vent was rusting, but it seemed like Faldo had taken notice of this and drilled the nails in so deep they almost weren't visible. Red marks were also noticeable, staining the lavender paint with what looked like fingernail marks. She wasn't the only one who had tried to escape this way. Mia hoped in her heart that whoever the girl was made it to safety, but something told her that wasn't the case. Mia felt the familiar sting of tears behind her eyes. God, what was she doing? Just over a week ago, she was living her dream job. She had a partner, although not perfect, he was a friend. She had an apartment. She had freedom. Now, she was sitting in the back of a club waiting for something terrible. What had her life become?

The sound of the door opening snapped her out of her thoughts. She snapped her head to the side, preparing her body to fight harder than she ever did. To her surprise, it wasn't Faldo, rather one of his henchmen. The guard at the door, before all this happened.

"I've come to tell you that Faldo will be out of his meeting soon. Do with that information what you must." The man said robotically. He took a one over of the woman before turning to leave. Mia took a one over of the man as well, something catching her eye. Jackpot.

"WAIT!"

She screeched, taking a clumsy step towards the male. The guard—Sergio, she remembered his name was. The man turned around with an annoyed look on his face.

"Si?" He asked in a condescending manner. Mia looked at the man with wide eyes. She needed him to stay. She took a step toward. "I–I–I–" however, she didn't know how. The man rolled his eyes and turned to leave again. "W-What will he do to me?" She asked, swallowing. Sergio paused, not turning to look at her when he spoke. He let out a deep sigh.

"Benedici la tua anima." (Bless your soul.) He said lowly. "He will do with you what he has done with the many girls before you. Humiliate you. Maybe kill you. Rape you." The man started, nonchalantly. "I can't be certain in which order. I will not sugar coat this. You almost certainly will die tonight." Mia's eyes widened as nausea built up within her. She took another step towards Sergio. His eyes snapped to hers.