FAMILY REUINON FINALE

chapter twenty-six | FAMILY REUNION FINALE

IT WASN'T LONG UNTIL MIA was excused from her culinary duties

IT WASN'T LONG UNTIL MIA was excused from her culinary duties. After the Don had helped hr with her wound, Maria took mercy on her. "Don't even worry about it. We're almost done." She beamed. "Why don't you go get dressed?" She didn't have to be told twice.

With an escort of course, Mia silently made her through the halls. Her mind buzzed with different ways to bring her plan forward. She had gotten lucky with Gino's siblings, with them telling her bits and pieces of the made man's background. She knew he had deep rooted issues with his siblings, his little sister had died at a young age, he had insomnia, and he was abused as a child. Mia contemplated ways to exploit these facts. Immediately, they made her feel bad for him. The exhausted look that Gino had just the night before flashed in her mind. Was that the real Gino? A broken man thinking he was undeserving of love? The ex-officer's heart hurt for him. Immediately catching herself, she shook her head violently, causing the servant who was escorting her to give her a strange look. She ignored him, reminding herself of the Gino that tortured, cut, and fought her. That was the real Gino, she thought. That was the Gino she needed to escape from.

"We're here," the butler announced, venturing to her room. "The celebration will start in just a few hours. The boss left your attire on your bed." He said curtly before giving a strained smile and walking away. Mia raised her eyebrow at him. Haiti was right, all the servants look super stressed.

Shaking her head, she walked into the room, only to be greeted with said woman. The maid was leaned over her bed, laying down what looked to be a dress.

"Haiti?" Mia called. "What are you doing here?"

Said woman looked up with a large grin on her face. "Mia! Glad to see you're still alive!...sorry for the... video."

Mia's throat started to throb just thinking about the whole situation. Why was grabbing her neck the go-to move for him anyway? Geez.

She waved her hand dismissively.

"No worries. He was going to find out sooner or later." She mused, wishing that it was in fact later that he had found out about the video. Haiti gave her a sheepish look before revealing the dress in front of her.

"...On a less grim note, this is what the Don wants you to wear." Mia turned her dark eyes from the woman to the dress. It was beautiful. The dress was a deep blue shade. It a floor length dress with a slit it the side, reaching towards the hip of the dress. The neckline was plunging, with two spaghetti straps holding the whole thing up. The fabric of the dress was silk, a fabric Mia noticed the Don loved to dress her up in. There was silver necklaces and heels next.

"It's beautiful." She mused, wishing she had enough money to buy the thing before she was kidnapped. She looked to the spaghetti straps and the slit before realizing she had a problem. She had been in the "care" of the Don for sometime now without a razor. Don't get her wrong, she didn't have anything wrong with women who wanted to let their natural hair grow out, but it wasn't for her.