THE CONTRACT V2

A/N: hey you all! Thank you for the comments on the last chapter,I'm doing very well, actually! However, I would really appreciate if you guys would comment about the chapter itself and the storyline🥺 I want to know what you all think!

chapter twenty-seven | THE CONTRACT, V2

GROGGY BROWN EYES stared at the empty space right in front of them. The pristine pillow on his side of the bed still had his imprint of his body. The blanket laid neatly in the empty space. It almost looked as if no one had been there at all.

He was gone.

Well, Mia couldn't say she was surprised. This was the second time now she had woken up alone after sleeping in the same bed as the Don. Still, she was ashamed to admit she wishing he would be there when she woke up. His masculine scent lingered in the sheets, reminding her of the night before. Sighing deeply through her nose, she slowly rose from her bed. Golden sunlight shone through the tiny slits of her closed blinds. She raised her eyebrow in amusement. She was certain she left them open the night before. The Don probably shut them before he left. She continued to stare at the blinds. She wondered what time the Don actually left.

Shaking her head, she removed the blanket off her legs and stepped into the bathroom. Looking at her reflection, she couldn't help but wonder if last night was actually real. The Don apologizing and thanking her, him watching her cry her eyes out, even going so far as to spend the night with her... if someone had told her the Don would do these things just a couple days ago, she would've laughed in their face. It sounded like crazy talk. Her eyes dropped to the silk black dress shirt the Don had lended her. She hated that a smile nipped at her lips. She was actually starting to bear his presence. Underneath all that anger and hatred, way, way deep down, he was kind. In his own ways. Sure, he had issues, but she didn't blame him after all he had been through.

All he had been through... it reminded her of the Don's father holding a gun to her skull. Why was he so adamant that she was trying to seduce his son? Why did he hold such hostility towards her? Letting out a breath, she pushed that to the back of her mind. That was over now.

She inwardly cringed at the flakes of dried gel in her hair. After brushing her teeth, she decided she needed a shower. She unbuttoned the Don's shirt, letting it pool at her ankles before steeping out of it. She lowered her underwear down her legs before walking into the shower.

It didn't take long for her to get clean. She wrapped a towel around her before stepping out of the bathroom.

"Well? How was it?"

Haiti's voice made the poor woman jump and let out a yelp. In the middle of her room was the maid woman, looking at her with interest and intensity.

"W-what?" Mia sputtered, sure she had a slight idea on what Haiti was talking about. Said woman laughed, lacing her hands on her hips.

"Don't act dumb, girl! We all saw the Don leave your room shirtless this morning!" Haiti beamed. Mia shifted her weight on one hip, crossing her arms.

"I hope you didn't videotape it and send it to any group chats," she replied bitterly.

"Aw, come on, that was a one time thing!" Haiti groaned as the freckled woman walked passed her. As usual, an outfit was laying on her bed. It was a simple green dress and sandals. Geez, she thought. Would it kill him to bring me some jeans?