THE FAMILY REUNION V

twenty four. | THE FAMILY REUNION V

THE MANSION WAS QUIET AS THE DON his father glared at each other. Pent up rage and sorrow from the past years leaked into their hateful gazes, piercing into the other man. Mia wondered in that moment if the brute was reliving all the years of torture and abuse of his childhood as he stared into his father's emotionless eyes. She felt bad for the man, believing that his father had a large role on the arrogant man Ambrogino was today. The Don's father was the first to break the silence with a mocking chuckle. He looked his son up and down before turning to Mia. She stood there, quietly, with her mouth slightly agape and her eyes wide.

"You." He snarled, as a look of recognition flashed in his eyes. Mia gulped, trying her beat to summon all of her courage into a hard glare.

"Don't think I don't know who you are. Who your father is." He said lowly, taking a small step towards her. Her heart quickened. They really did have the same soul corrupting glare. "And if you think for a second, that a whore like you can try to seduce my son into joining your side–"

The Don cut him off by clearing his throat.

"Father, you must be parched, si? Cynthia here will take you to your room." A petite maiden woman shakily stepped from behind the crowd of now whispering servants. The former don scoffed before turning to the small woman, following her deeper into the mansion.

Mia was completely frozen. She was positive her case wasn't famous enough that her missing posters would end up in Italy. That only begged the question, how did Ambrogino's father know her? He also referenced something about her seducing his son to be on her side... she had a feeling he didn't mean to justice. Dragging her out of her thoughts was Achille, who was shaking like a leaf next to her and the rest of his family. He muttered the word 'fuck' over and over again at a very fast pace. The man had a look of pure terror on his face and his breathing was labored. Was he having a panic attack?

The ex-officer turned to the man, who's eyes seemed to be glued on his father's retreating form.

"Hey," She said awkwardly but firmly. "Hey, are you okay?" The man didn't falter in his curses for a few seconds, as if he didn't even notice her.

"N-No, I'm not o-okay! I'm freaking the fuck out, man!" He hissed suddenly to her. He looked to his mother and sister before his brother, as if he was scared of something. Ambrogino gave him a grim look. The older woman reached out to her son, lightly touching his shoulder. The younger brother jumped harshly, before cowering away from her touch.

"Achille?" She asked softly.

"Shit. Shit. I can't stay here. Fuck." His words came out jittery as he clenched and unclenched his fists. "What the fuck, Gino?! You didn't tell me he would be coming!" He exclaimed as his mother looked on in worry.

The brute kept a hard look on his face as walked towards his brother, resting both his hands on his shoulders.

"Achille—"

"No! I can't calm down! Things he did to us won't leave my head! Things he did to me!" At this point, the younger bother was hyperventilating. He genuinely looked scared and freaked out. Was his father's presence that overbearing?

"Gloriano." The Don said, in that authoritative voice. She didn't recognize the name, leading her to believe that it was one of the man's many name. Upon hearing his brother's voice, he stopped looking around, still shaking and hyperventilating though.

"You are twenty–five years old. A grown man, si ?"

"Gino–"

"He cannot inflict harm on us any longer. Whether it is Aria or you. Not while blood is still pumping through my veins. Capisci ?" The two shared a brotherly moment as they stared into each others eyes, sharing a secret conversation. Achille's shaking simmered down to mild shivering as he averted his eyes, nodding his head.