Jungkook - Rivalry

A/N : Warning for angst, self harming and suicidal thoughts

Skip if you're easily triggered or uncomfortable with these topics.

Grammar mistakes may be present ahead, please excuse me. I wanted to publish something after my unexpected break.

                           💞💞💞

When you think about it, the concept of rivalry is funny in a way.

One person hates the other to their very atomic formation and existence, to every minute thing that makes them what they are. They don't even want the other person to breathe or look in their direction.

Sworn enemies, forts of hatred, weapons - literally or not - pointed at each other, mumbled curses, hardcore eye-rolling and last but not the least, the titanium or platinum level crystal clear attention to each other.

Yes, rivals hate each other. But they seem to be on each other's minds a lot of the time.

And such is the story of Jungkook and [Y/N].

                              💓💓💓

The kindergarten was aware, the primary school was aware, middle school also happened in the same way. High school was very well aware and hell, even now the university was aware how much Jungkook and [Y/N] loathed each other.

It's not like the both of you yelled at each other or fought each other physically. It was not that subtle either.

Your rivalry with Jungkook began all the way back in kindergarten when he snatched your crayons to color his flower picture on the paper. Your chubby little fingers tried to snatch it back but him being a bit more taller than you, held it up as high as he could, teasing you about your height.

Finally the teacher had to tell him to give the crayons back to you and that he should ask for permission before taking things that did not belong to him. Well, the moment the teacher turned their back to go to their seat, Jungkook stuck his tongue out at you. You also did the same and tried to ignore him.

Even through all the years of knowing him, he didn't insult your weight. It surprised you to be honest. Even the people you considered as friends always made a remark about your weight more than once in a while.

Even complete strangers saw your weight as a weapon to bring you down. Either with their staring and sneering or insults and grimaces.

And there was Jungkook. No matter how hard the competition was, how loud his laugh was or annoying his clicking was - vocal or with pen, he never spoke anything about your weight.

The only things he called you to "annoy" you were everything related to softness - Teddy, Marshmallow, Cotton, Fluff, Sweet Cheeks and so on.

Jungkook thought that he could get under your skin with them but when you turned back to attend something, your soft form got flustered and smiled involuntarily. Funny, how that happens.

Even if you told him to be quiet, Jungkook would just smirk and say, "Okay cutie, as you wish."

You would turn around in a huff, feeling warm and giddy for some reason whereas Jungkook would be genuinely smiling that he got to see you annoyed. Your round cheeks would be puffed out and your full lips would be moving in such a tantalizing manner making Jungkook's heart melt to downright goo.

An unspoken competition was always present between the two of you. Short to say, the entire class was amused at both of your antics to be the best in everything.