Homecoming✔️

I had finally asked Liz to Homecoming! I was supper happy and ran to the apartment to get help from May.
She taught me how to dance, got me a suit, and helped me tie my tie. I look at a picture of Y/N and I that was on my desk and back at myself in the mirror. I then feel a hand on my shoulder and May appears in the mirror.
"Don't worry about her tonight. I'm sure she's fine Pete. All you need to worry about is not stepping on your dates feet."She says she turns around and walks away with a mocking limp. "Help help. I was trying to get away but he broke my foot with his horrible dance moves." She jokes. I laughed a little.

She then drives me over at Liz's house and we go over a few things before I walk to the door step.
I ring the doorbell and then freeze when I see who opens the door. It was the Vulture guy.
"You must be Peter." He says.
"Yeah." I say still shocked.
"I'm Liz's dad." He says. I then shake his hand. "Hell of a grip. Come on in here. Come on." He says as he pulls me inside. I walk around the house.
"Hi Peter." I hear and jump. "You look very handsome." Liz' mom said.
"Thank you." I say softly.
"I'm going to get Liz." She then says as she walked away. Leaving me with Liz's dad Aka the Vulture. I looked at him and all I could think was, he's the one that really hurt my sister. The river and the gun on the boat.
"You alright Pete?" He asked.
"Yeah." I say back.
"You look pale, you want something to drink. Like a, scotch?" He asked.
"I'm not old enough to drink." I say. He then points the knife that was in his hand at me.
"That's the right answer." He said. He then looks past me.
"Wow." He says. I look and see Liz in a pink dress. "Wow wow wow. Don't you look beautiful."
"Dad, please don't embarrass me." She says sheepishly.
"Doesn't she Pete." He asks.
"Yeah you look, really good." I say.
The next few minutes where awkward and a bit of a blur.

We get into the car and drive.
"What are you going to do Pete?" He asked.
"What?"
"When you graduate, what are you going to do?"
"Oh um I don't know." I say
"Don't grill him dad." Liz says as she continues to look at her phone.
"I'm just saying. Ya know, when you guys go to that school you basically have your life planned out, right." He says.
"Ya, no, I'm just a sophomore." I say. Liz then leans over to her father.
"Peter and his twin sister have an internship with Tony Stark." She says.
"Really, Stark." He says.
"Actually I don't intern for him anymore." I say.
Liz turns to me.
"Really?" She asks, I nod my head.
"What about your sister? Does she still intern." He asks. I put my head down.
"Dad," Liz starts as she sits up straight. "She was claimed to be hospitalized today." I look at her.
"How'd you know?" I ask.
"Word gets around." Liz said as she looks to the road. "Plus, Flash was really upset that he didn't get to ask her out."
"I'm sorry to hear about that." Liz's dad said.
"I don't understand why you don't intern for him. You got to work with Spider-Man and Arachnid." Liz says.
"Arachnid and Spider-Man huh. How are they?" He asked.
"Uhh there nice. Nice people. Solid people." I say as I try to avoid his look at me.
The car gets very tense for me as they continue to talk about my disappearances and the two super hero's.
We arrive at the school.
"Here we are." He said.
"Thanks dad." Liz says. I then grab the door knob, wanting to get out as fast as I can.
"You go in there gumdrop. I'm going to give Peter the uhh, the dad talk." He says. Liz then turns to me.
"Don't let him intimidate you." She says as she gets out of the car after saying goodbye to her dad.
He then grabs a gun from his seat and looks back at me.
"Oh shoot, better not upset him." I think to myself.
"Does she know?" He asks.
I then play dumb. "Know what?"
"So she doesn't, good." He says as he sees through my act. "I admire that. I've got a few secret of my own. All the reasons I didn't want my daughter to date." He said. "Peter, nothing is more important than family. You saved my daughter's life and I can never forget something like that. So I'm going to give you one chance. You walk through those doors and you forget any of this happened. And you don't ever, mess with my business again. Cause if you do, I'll kill you. And everyone you love. I'll kill you dead. That's what I'll do to protect my family. Understand." He says. "Oh wait, I just saved your life. Now what do you say?"
"Thank you." I say.
"You're welcome. Now you going in there and show my daughter a good time. Just not too good of a time." He says.
I get out of the car and everything around me is a blur. My hearing rings and I feel my heart pound.
Everything he said about family stuck with me. I can't let this go. He hurt my sister and I cannot just let him get away with it.
I walk into the building and straight to Liz.
"Hey, what did he say to you?" She asks as she smiles and sways in her dress.
"I've got to go. I'm sorry, you don't deserve this." I say as I leave her on the dance floor.