{XVI} Wanda

I woke up late the next morning, but to my surprise, everyone was still asleep. I mean, come on guys! It's 6 am! We should be up and at it!

But I was the new girl, so I didn't want to go around and wake everyone up. I wandered around for a while until I stumbled upon Percy and Annabeth in the lab. When I saw them, something clicked. I felt like I knew them, but I've never seen them before.

They started mumbling and moaning about him and the pit. I wasn't sure what that meant, but I needed to find out.

I put my fingers on Percy's temples and entered his mind.

I was in a pit. That answers one question. I sunk back into a dark corner so no one could see me.

Percy and Annabeth were stranded in the middle of the room. And when I say the middle, I mean the middle. Their wrists and ankles were bound. Their arms were above them. They were hanging about 6 feet apart from each other and 10 feet off the ground. I couldn't see the ceiling. How long were these chains?

They looked bad. Really bad. Percy was covered in blood. He was pretty much naked, apart from his underwear. He had scars, cuts, bruises, gashes and every other type of injury anyone could name. And that was just the visible ones.

Annabeth was about the same. In her underwear and covered in blood. Her side didn't look impaled like Percy's though, so that was one positive. I hated seeing them like this. I made me angry. When my brother and I didn't train hard enough at the lab they would beat us in our underwear. I hurt 10 times more as we didn' have the protective cushion of clothing.

It took all my mental ability not storm out and attack the person hurting them, but I had to find out what was going on first. I stayed back in the shadows when a figure walked into the pit.

"Are you still not dead?" He asked. What sort of question was that? "All the better for me then. You'll soon wish you were dead." He laughed.

"You've been saying that for I don't know how long now." Percy choked. "It's getting old."

"I'll be back." And the figure left the room.

"He's been saying that for the last few days as well," Annabeth groaned.

"Who's he?" I asked walking out of the shadows. Annabeth and Percy looked at me wide-eyed.

"Who are you?" Annabeth asked me.

"My name is Wanda Maximoff. I'm the new member of the Avengers." I introduced myself. "Now who is he?"

"Tartarus," Annabeth answered.

"You're Russian," Percy said as if it wasn't obvious. His face dropped.

"Percy it's ok. We'll find your parents." Annabeth reassured him before turning to me. "How did you get in here? It's a dream."

"I have the power of telepathy. Along with telekinesis, teleportation and the ability to manipulate chaos magic. Everyone thinks I got it from some stone or some demon named Chthon, but truthfully I got it from my mother." I replied.

"And who's your mother?" Percy questioned.

"Hecate," I answered simply. "Goddess of Magic."

Hi guys,

I would like to give a shout out to @Midnight4738 for making the book "Zeus is an Avenger?!" based on a line in one of the previous chapters. It has made my week knowing that I inspired someone to write.

Please vote, comment, share and follow. I follow back.

Later gators :) x