{XXII} Fury

"Are they awake?"

"Yes, Sir."

"Are they restrained?"

"As instructed Sir."

"Open the door." I walked into the room. Percy and Annabeth were, as instructed, sat in chairs with their ankles and wrists bound to the legs and arms of the chairs. For extra precaution, there was a belt around their chests as well. Percy looked up as I walked in, but Annabeth kept her head hung down.

"What is the meaning of this?" Percy yelled.

"I just wanted to ask you some questions."

"And you had to tie us up to do so?" Percy yelled again as he pulled his wrist trying to get free.

"For goodness sake Percy. Don't you see? He's scared of us." Annabeth said calmly as she raised her head and looked me straight in the eye. Her eyes were grey and looked like there were calculating a million different ways to kill me.

I scoffed. "Scared? Of two teenage kids? I have seen a lot more terrifying things in my life than the likes of you. In fact..."

"Sir," I was interrupted. "You have a video call from Stark."

"I'll be back."

~*~*~*~

"What do you want Stark?" 

"Where's my nephew Fury? Don't tell me you don't have him cause I know you do."

"You're right. I do have the boy. Do you want to see him?"

"Of course I want to see him."

"Flip the camera." The technician did what I said. Now instead of me, Stark could see Percy and Annabeth. "There you go."

"Percy? Annabeth? Are you ok?" Stark asked.

"They can't hear you," I responded. I motioned for the technician to flip the camera back to me.

"Why do you have them Fury?" Stark questioned furiously.

"The threat must be neutralised." And the call cut off.

A/N

Hi guys,

Just to let y'all know, I officially prefer shorter chapters/part. I find them easier to write and easier to leave cliffhangers. *Insert evil laugh here* Make sure to vote, share, comment and follow. I follow everyone back.

Later gators :) x

P.s. No promises but the next chapter might be longer as more action should happen. However, I give you my full permission to throw rotten emoji fruit in the comments if I do not come through.

P.p.s. Please go and check out my other stories. I've kinda abandoned 2 of them but will go back to them if they get more reads. And I can't add to tagged unless I get tagged so that's just an endless cycle. Basically, go on to my profile and read my other stories. Other than this one, I'm most proud of White Wolf, then Something We Never Expected and then Into the Dust. It would mean a lot to me if you were to check them out.