XXV - Epilogue

i don't know how i got this far in my life. who thought that i would be in love with my enemy? or who thought that my dad killed my own mother and brother, his own wife and son? or who thought my dad was the one who killed Giovanni's mom and sister? as you can tell, our world is a strange place, our world is filled with toxic people. our world is filled with people who care about you, people who don't care about your existence. people who will stand by your side, through thick and thin, and people who will leave you in your darkest days. that's how society works ladies and gentlemen. you should fight, fight your own demons, fight the voices in your head. fight for yourself because if you don't, believe me, you will end up in a house with a toxic husband, toxic family and a toxic life. i managed to fight my demons, and because i did, i'm alive and kicking. well not exactly, since i got shot and i don't if i'm dead or alive. but it won't really matter, because in the end of the day, i found my true family , that's all i need. Marcus, Aiden,Noah , Cole and Giovanni , they all risked their own lives, for me and Giovanni. as i once heard from some actor, family don't end with blood but it doesn't start there either, just because you're blood that doesn't mean you're family. not much people appreciate the value of the family, not much people know that family isn't just mom, dad , sister , brother etc. family is a bunch of human beings who loves you, helps you and most importantly, appreciates you. appreciates you for who you really are. and i'm proud to say, i have my family by my side, a true family.

***

as soon as i opened my eyes, i instantly closed them again from the bright light that made my eyes ache. after a few moments, i opened my eyes again and adapted the situation. i was happy that i'm alive, but that happiness faded away quickly when i came to realization with the pain that's happening in every single inch in my body, from head to toes.

"holy mother of Jesus" i mumbled under my breath. i looked around me, and i believe that i'm in the mansion.

i put my legs on the floor and counted to five in my head.

"one"

"two"

"three

"fou-"

"you fucking dirty sucker of cocks" i yelled as i stumbled on what seemed to be a chair. after a few minutes i finally gathered my strength and started taking baby steps. after what seemed like forever, i finally reached the end of the hallway, i can hear the boys talking. i was about to open the door but i didn't, i just stood there trying to catch what they're talking about.

"i'm sorry Giovanni" a voice said, i can tell it's Cole.

"COME ON, HOW IS SHE?" Giovanni yelled.

"Dr Butcher said that there's only two percent chance of her to live" Marcus said. JESUS CHRIST I'M SUPPOSED TO BE DEAD RIGHT NOW.

"it's not time for jokes Marcus" Giovanni said.

"i'm sorry brother" i can hear Aiden say.

"DON'T SORRY ME AIDEN, IT'S ME, BLAME ME FOR HER DEATH, I'M THE ONE WHO WAS SUPPOSED TO GET SHOT NOT HER. FOR THE FIRST TIME IN MY ENTIRE LIFE, I FINALLY FELT LIKE I FOUND THE LOVE OF MY LIFE AND I LOST HER BEFORE I EVEN GOT THE CHANCE TO TELL HER HOW MUCH I LOVE HER, HOW MUCH I NEED HER. i'll never know her last...words" Giovanni whispered the last part, i can feel tears ready make their way out of my eyes.

"Giovanni, you got shot too, so you can't be blamed" Noah said. Jesus Noah you're making this even worse.

"Noah don't make me shoot you, Giovanni got shot in his shoulder, Persephone got shot in her abdomen" Marcus angrily roared at Noah. i looked down at my stomach, rolled my eyes when i realized that i'm wearing an hospital gown. i raised it and found my stomach wrapped with gauze and i few bruises.