Familiar Faces

Blake is below just with brown eyes!(:

Hey Guys! This is the first chapter so let me know what you think! I like to write long chapters just so its not too short, so don't forget to comment, vote or fan!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter One

I feel a shock run through me like an electric wire being plugged in. Shivers run down my spine from the cold winter breeze.  I watch the old house stand still, old and feeble.  The shutters faded from their gray color. It has changed so much since I was last here when I was younger.  I feel my fathers presents behind me and I come out of my trance to help him with my bags. 

"Are you okay?" I look up at my Dad adn find pain in his face. He misses Mom. I can feel it in the way he moves around me. I set my bags down on the cold wooden floo next to my bed.  "Yeah. Just looking." I sigh and scan the old bedroom.

He changed the curtains, before they were a bright pink now they are a light brown baege to match the bed sheets. Something else but I can't put my finger on it. "I umm, I don't know what your favorite color is so I picked out a neutral."  I meet his gaze and his eyes flicker from me to the floor. 

"I should leave you be-"

"Dad, I-Umm, I'm glad I'm here. Really." I tell him before he can fully turn his back against me. "Me too." He comments back.

He makes his way to me feeling the creek of the floor boards and gives me an awkward hug. He smells like cinnamon and leather. His ruff of his beard scratches me a bit and I flinch.

He clears his throat and gives me a smile that shows his teeth. "Spagheti good?" he asks making his way toward the door.  "Yeah, thats fine." I lie not even in the mood for food.  I pullon a smile adn closing the door behind him he leaves me be, by myself.

Feeling alone is the worst feeling I could possibly feel. Losing my Mother was harder than anything, and here I am alone even more with my father I barely know. Why is it so awkward between us? It shouldn't be this hard fo rus.

I climb onto my new bed and lay down running my fingers through my long brown hair feeling every thick peice become tangled in my fingers. My bones ache with relaxation. I feel the presents of someone, but IM not sure where or whom. I run my hands over my face possibly smearing my makeup. I take a deep breath and try not to let the tears spill out. 

Its hard, so hard. Holding them back since the funeral last Thursday. My conscious tells me its not going to make me any stronger. Even I know this, but I still hold them back as if it does me any good. I sit up and feel the springs come to life under my body. I slip my winter coat off getting warm. I take another deep breath. I eye the bags on my floor still not unpacked.

I should take the time to unpack them before tomorrow, I would start school Monday which is in two days. Im dreading going back, at my old school everyone would ask "How are you doing?" "Is there anything I can do?"  or "Do you want to talk about it?" My friends would always ask me every day. When Mom died I went and stayed at Grandmas house for a while before Dad heard the news and asked me to come live with him. I had to get out of that town so bad and just start new.

Even though this town isnt very rare to me, I still remember where all the stores are and schools even when I was little. It was like I never left, wierd.

I have to think positive, no more mopey, boring, dull Blake. What happened to the exciting beautiful Blake? Shes still there, just hidiing.

I kneel down on the cold wooden floor hearing Dad downstairs in the kitchen bumping pots and pans together. I smile, I never thought he knew how to cook. I start unpacking feeling better already.  Ilay all my shirts on the bed and along with my pants and sweatshirts.