Hunt or be Hunted

Hope you guys are enjoying!

Chapter 23

 I look at Jayden and I am frozen in his hold.

"Run." It runs through my head but I can't seem to follow. "Blake, run." He growls at me and I finally break through and run away from him. I keep running like I'm being chased, but not sure who exactly is chasing me or if someone is chasing me.

I keep running not letting anything stop me. I see a large tree branch come in my path but I leap over it like its nothing. I keep running and then I hear a roar, it sounds like a jaguar. It only lasts for a split second but rings in my ears. I stop and look back and don't see anything but my footprints.

I don't hear anything else, its quiet. "Jayden!" I scream out through the forest hoping he will be able to hear me. "Jayden!!" I scream even louder. Tears start to pool up in my eyes and I start to become very frightened and scared. "Jayden." i whisper to myself knowing no one will hear me.

A tear falls and I quickly wipe it away, I turn back around and find myself facing a blue eyed scruffed up familiar face. "Hello Blake." His voice is dark and it frightens me. He is dressed in black and is carrying many weapons across his chest.

I don't have time to gulp down this lump in my throat before he slams a large stick on my head and it sends me to the darkness.

**********************************

Christians P.O.V.

I get out of my black civic and let my feet punch the snow. My head pounds with a hangover from last night. No matter how much I drank I still couldn't get her out of my head. The thought of her going to Jayden for comfort because I had changed her aches inside of me.

I walk up to the house and look up from the steps and see Jayden staring at me with dark eyes. Blake right beside him her arm around him. I try to control my anger, not wanting to get into a fight with this raging head ache.

"Grants been looking for you." Jayden tells me. I ignore him and bump shoulders with him and don't give Blake a glance at all. I just head into the house to find Molly sitting at the kitchen table reading like she always is.

She senses my presence and says, "Oh, you just missed Jayden and Blake."

"No I didn't." I tell her not wanting to talk about them.

Even though I am dying to know where they are going.

"Have you heard from Megan?" Molly asks me knowing she is trying to get answers out of me."Not since Chicago." I tell her honestly. The words Megan had said to me on the phone, about me loving Blake. She always tries to make it about her. I wonder if she will come home for Christmas.

"Well, Grant wants to talk to her about Blake. He doesn't want Blake getting confused about who she can and cannot be with. Grant would most likely see Jayden with her, he will keep her safe for the right reasons. You understand that, right Christian?" She tells me. Of course Grant would love to see his only daughter with my brother.

I don't say anything to her, but I hear Jayden growl from the woods. He's probably fighting off a coyote. I ignore it and try to figure out what I'm going to do about Megan.

Then I hear Blake scream Jaydens name. Then again. Then again.

I get up immediately and run outside toward her screams.

********************************************

When I wake up I am in a familiar area. I'm still in the woods.

Is it the same part from where the wolf hunter had lodged me in the head with a large stick?

It must be, my spot where I lay is warm so I must have been here for a while. I rub my head feeling the large knot on my head. I look around and try to find Jayden but I still don't see him anywhere. Its pitch black outside and the moon is a perfect crescent. I get up slowly afraid of a rushing head ache.