Being Free

Chapter 21

"Wake up sleepy head." I open my eyes and there Jayden is standing over me like some hot goddess. "Jeez is the whole pack here?" I ask finally waking up from my exhausting night. "Not quite, Molly isn't here. She's taking care of something. Anyways, so how was it?" He asks shifting off of me and huddling next to me where I lay.

"Painful." I tell him looking him up and down. He looks good in jeans that hang off his waists. He's hot, and I can't believe that I kissed him.

"Yeah, thats usually how it goes. But no sympathy vote for you sorry!" He jokes and nudges me. "Hey!" I laugh along with him unable to keep my laughter away. "So whats next?" I ask him wanting to know what other pain I have to endure. "You will have to take that up with my brother. Its his plan." He shrugs and gets off the bed and walks toward the door.

He's mad.

"Jayden, please don't. Stay here with me. You make me feel wanted and everybody else is just worried about my bitchy mother." Did I really just say that about my mother? Oh my god.

Well she did leave you for the hills so who could blame you? There that soft angel voice is again. My wolf, she only pops up every once in a while I guess.

"Well I'm not staying for your sake. Only for my benefit to see you go through the change!" He smiles at me but I know he means it in a non painful way. I watch him go down the stairs. I lay in my bed for a while and try to conjure up what I should do next.

Should I even try to get up?

I place my elbows under me and push up, I feel strain under my armpits like I had done a thousand push ups instead of my body twisting at its own will. I stretch them out and I am finally sitting up on my own. I place myself so my dead legs hang off the bed. I set them on the cold wooden floor and sit there for a few short seconds.

"Your up." I look up and find Grant in the doorway. What does he want?

"Listen, Blake I want to say sorry for your Mother. She can be a real pain in the ass and hard to understand. This is how she has always been." He doesn't move from the doorway but I don't try to focus on him. I try to focus on getting up and walking out.

"But the thing is, she was never like that with me. She loved me. Why would she do this now?" I ask telling him what he doens't know. Something wasn't right. If Grandma and Grant think she has been this way all her life, I must have been blind not to see it. Or maybe I didn't want to see that side of her.

"Well all we know now is that she is gone. We don't know where she is or when or if she will be back. I just want you to focus on channeling your wolf and getting this out of your way. We can't have you in transition forever. It will slow us down for our next project." He stands up now, not leaning anymore. His next plan?

"What's the next plan?" I ask quoting the word plan.

"Killing the wolf hunter." He says and I go blank. My mind can't seem to find him in my memories of what he looked like. Why?

"Oh." Is all I can say. Maybe if he's dead then Mom will come back.

Don't get your hopes up kid. the angel voice says to me. "Well hurry up and get ready. We have a long day ahead of us." He nods and walks away and i finally get to my feet.

*****************************************************************************

"You want me to do what?" I ask Jayden wanting him to say it again. We are in the backyard with Grant and Dray. Christian ran off somewhere and no one will tell me where so these guys are teaching me how to change fully.