Stories That Explain All

Hey Guys just wanted to let you know that I really appreciate those of you who read my book! Thank you so much!

Chapter 16

Jayden had went home around six thirty, it wasn't dinner time yet and Christian nor any of the others have come home yet. I am alone at home, my new home. I sit on the couch and think about the past couple of days and what I have accomplished.

I tried to convince Grant into letting me go to Chicago to see Grandma, I already bought my tickets so I guess I will be going without his permission. Either way, I need to see Grandma. She has the most answers to my questions I am afraid to ask Grant.

He is so hostile, and frightens me a bit. But Grandma said not to be afraid of him, that will get me no where. And that is exactly where I am at this point. I need to be more self confident. I need to be Blake Colby, the girl who tames bears and lions. No, wolves. Yes, Blake Colby who tames wolves.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Are you sure you have everything?" Molly asks me as Christian and I wait at the train station ready for our train to arrive. "Clothes, phones, money? Everything?" She asks one more time. I check my belongings and I smile at her trying to assure her that I will be fine. I glance up at Christian and know he is still mad about the other night. He needs to get over it, nothing really happened but he insists on being mad even tho him and Megan... Ugh, I can't even.

I take a deep breath and forget about him for a minute. "We will be fine. I promise, I will call you guys once we get to Chicago and then again when we get to Braey's house."   The way Christian says my Grandmas name sends chills down my back.

"Alright, we better get going. Its six-fourty five." I tell them looking at my phone. "Alright, be safe don't forget to call me!" Molly cries out as we start walking out toward the trains.

Its hot and musky as we walk with our luggage pulling behind us on the wheels. I only have one big suit case and a duffel bag along with my purse and laptop case. I try to keep up with Christian but he is going so fast. "You can slow down." I tell him in a quick breath.

He doesn't tho. Maybe this was a bad idea to invite him to come a long. I hope he doesn't act like this the whole trip. "Christian!" I yell at him and he stops and turns around. His face is angry his brown furrowed and I try to change my expression but I can't. "What? We aren't going to make it. Move your ass Blake." He continues to walk on and I hustle up remembering gym class, how slow I was when we would run the mile.

Finally we climb onto our train and find our spots and get settled in. I"m sitting by the window looking out as we leave the station and I can finally see the early morning light of the sun rising. So pretty with the snow. I smile at the sky and become real warm thinking about Grandma. I can't wait to see her.

I take a glimpse at Christian and notice he is scowling and crossing his arms. God, I am so sick of his attitude he has been giving me the past two days. Like, get over yourself.

"What the hell is your problem?" I ask him scowling at him. He snaps back at me and gives me a vicious look. Shit. "Don't Blake, really. I don't want to make a scene." He growls at me his teeth clenched. "What are you going to do smack me?" I say forgetting to think before I talk. Shit.

"Blake, stop. I'm warning you." He growls once more. My anger rises over my head and I can't keep it in any longer. "Just shut up! You bitch about everything why can't you ever tell the truth huh?" I whisper yell at him and he looks at me shocked. My eyes are locked on his and I can't breath.

I totally just ruined this trip for the both of us. Christian gets up and walks down toward the door into the other cab. He opens it and it closes and I can no longer see him.