Don't Get Ahead Of Yourself Kid

Hey Guys! Don't forget to let me know how you like the book! Thinking about changing the title, any ideas??

Chapter 19

Usually when you see your Mom you don't faint. But when she is suppose to be dead, I think its all in a good purpose.

My eyes finally come into focus, and Christian is above my head and my Mom is right by my side. I think I'm on the couch because I can feel the weird fabric of the flowered couch. My Mom, who is obviously not dead is kneeling next to me running her han across my forehead moving my hair out of my face.

"Oh, hunny." I hear her mumble. Her voice so soft and gentle. I've missed her. Her smell is just like the dress I was clenching a few moments after I found her alive and breathing. What is going on?

"Oh, hunny I promise to explain everything." Was I thinking out loud? Great, what else have I said outloud? "Mom?" I ask looking into her carmel brown eyes. She looks different, skinnier. Her hair is a lot longer than it use to be. Why? She has only been, dead, gone, where for a couple weeks. 

I sit up and everyone seems to shift as I do. Christian takes a seat across the living room in a seat where Grandma was sitting earlier. Mom comes closer and sits down next to me. "Are you alright?" She asks me so gently and quietly.

"No, I'm not. Why are you alive? I mean I'm glad, but confused." I tell her in a rushing voice. Her face has pain on it. I can't come to see her right face, the one she would always share with me that made everything alright.

"Blake, someone is after us." There she said it. Nothing more nothing less. "You met him, at the coffee shop back in Colorado. Oh, sweety. You were so lucky Christian was there to save you. Oh god." She covers her mouth as she says the last few words. What? The guy from the coffee shop? What guy?

Oh yes, he had brown hair long sort of. He had scruff on his face, looked like he hadn't slept in days.

"He said I had magic. I didn't understand." I tell her shaking my head. "Its okay hunny. You don't need to worry about it." She touches my knee and I flinch away and get up on my feet.

"No, I want to know why you left, who this guy is and why I don't have to worry about it." I rage out shocked by my actions. What has gotten in to me? I never yelled, at all. What is going on with me, why am I so angry? My mom is alive and she is here, why can't I be happy?

"Is it hot in here?" I ask looking at my Mom who is wearing a sweater and jeans with tall boots. I rip my sweater off of me and along with my long sleeve shirt under that. God, I'm sweating. I'm actually sweating in the winter!

"Christian, you didn't." Mom looks over at Christian and he looks down and then meets my gaze with a painful hurt facial expression.

"What?" I ask him.

                                                                          Christians P.O.V.

I finish unpackingg in the matter of ten minutes. I haven't heard anything from Blake yet. Maybe she is still unpacking. I sit on the king size bed and look around. Its very plain. White walls blue sheets. Only one dresser and no closet. Just the door that leads into the hallway.

I can't quite get a normal feeling about Brae, she has an edge to her. Like she is hiding something but what? I don't quite follow her, I mean what the hell was that thing about my mother? Why did it mattter how long she was dead, and who was the person who had seen her walking around town? She never liked it here, she always loved to be in London. Thats where she wanted to be where she belonged.