To Grandmother's House We Go

Thank You To Those Who Have Voted For My Story! Don't forget to Fan! I will fan back(:

Chapter 17

"Grandma? Grandma, are you there?" I ask into the phone where I hope she answers. Why am I freaking out, I mean she probably just dialed me on accident. Just to be sure I redial her number. It rings three long rings.

"Hello, Blake? I'm so terribly sorry something came up and I needed to talk to you but all is well sweet heart." I hear my Grandma's soft angel like voice and I relax a little. "Oh, well what is it Grandma. Is it alright if we still come up?" What could happen in such short notice? I mean, had she gotten in an accident, or maybe someone came to town she hadn't seen in a while.

"Oh, its all taken care of. Just a miss understanding. I promise to share with you as soon as you both get here safe and sound. Alright? I'll see you soon." She hangs up and I am dumbfounded. Christian comes back with two cups. "Thanks."I tell him when he hands me a cup of coffee. Just what I need.

"What did she have to say?" Christian asks me sipping his drink. I stutter to find my words unable to explain what had just happened. "Umm, not sure really. But she said all is well, but there was an edge to her voice. She wanted to tell us something once we got to her house safe and sound." I tell him. He stops drinking his beverage and I freeze.

"We will just keep our eye out for things. We will be fine, I promise." He raps his giant hand around my wrist reassuring me things will go as planned. I relax a bit and continue to sip my coffee as I look our my window trying to get away for a few minutes.

*******************************************************

"Well passengers we are almost finished our trip. I hope everyone has a good nights rest and we will all see you in the morning. We are about six hours away from Cquia Chicago, thriteen hours away from Brooklyn, and about ten hours away from Mendota. If you have any questions about being on time you can ask one of your conductors and we would be happy to help. Good night everyone." The tone bell dings and we all get ready for bed.

Even if it is eight o clock, I am a bit tired. I lay back and relax while Christian sleeps, can he sleep? Does he ever sleep. A good nights rest, thats all I need with all the crap going on. I close my eyes and I think I drift off but i'm not sure because when I wake up Christian is gone and i am alone.

I stretch out trying not to make too much noise for the other passengers might sleeping. I find my phone stuffed into my duffel bag and check the time. Eleven-thirty five. Wow. I must have fell alseep. I slept for a good couple of hours.

I wonder where Christian had run off too. I try to relax and go back to sleep but I can't, I have that feeling when I first moved back to Colorado. That feeling that someone is watching me. I look around in the darkness of the train only the dim lights guiding my eyes I don't see anything but normal people huddled together blankets and uncomfortable positions. I close my eyes telling myself that nothing is wrong. He probably had to use the bathroom or hes talking to the conductors about what time we will be getting off, soon it already has been three or four hours. Yeah, thats where he is.

I relax some more and look at my phone wanting to call Grandma but know she won't be awake.

She planned on picking us up at the train station but Christian insisted that we take a cab or a rental car. I need some one to talk to I feel so alone. Where the hell is Christian?!?

When I wake up again I am moving, its like a sickness moving. I know we are not on the train anymore because I am laying down like I would in my own bed. My eyes come into focus and I see Christian in the drivers seat and his hand on the shifter. We're in a ar? How did I get into here with all my stuff? Then for some strange reason I remember Christian is a wolf.