Understanding

Kane is down below!(: Enjoy

Chapter 13

"Don't forget to come back!" Molly hollers at Max and Will as a car drives them away. I don't know if she starts to cry, but I do see some tears. I rub her back and she smiles at me. "Those kids, I'm going to miss them." She tells me.

"But you have me!" We both look down and find Kane staring up at us with a wide smile. He is so cute with his freckles. "I know buddy, but what will your brothers say when I take you away from them?" Molly asks him and she leads him into the kitchen. He shrugs his shoulders and sits at the table.

"No one is taking anyone anywhere." I look into the living room and find Christian coming into the kitchen. "Hes going to come hunting with me this morning." Christian tells Kane. "He just hunt-" Molly begins but Christian stops her with a glare.

Shit whats his problem? "Come on. Now." Christian goes on walking toward Kane and pushing me out of the way. "Molly- Do I-" But before he can say anymore he is out the door with Christian dragging him along.

"What the hell is his problem?" Molly barks at him but she knows he can't hear her for he is already in the woods by now. I try not to look so guilty as to know why he is upset. Our conversation of lastnight runs through my head.

"You okay?" Molly asks me probably from my blank face. "Hm, oh yeah just thinking." I say going toward the kitchen table and sitting down. Molly comes over and joins me. "How have you been, honestly. I know these guys don't have the manners to ask." Molly says and looks at me with curisosity and care. I know I can trust her.

"I think my mom is alive." I don't know how or where she is,but I have this feeling in my gut that she is. I look at Molly for a little comfort. "That is normal, when you lose someone very close to you Blake." She gets up and walks toward the cupboard and pours herself a cup of coffee.

"Grant will be home soon, he will want to show you some history and what not of our culture." She leaves me by myself going into the other room toward Grant's office. What was that all about?

I feel like everyone is mad at me, why though? Is it because I want to know what happened to my mom, her death was really weird, she was suppose to be on a train not in a car. And it wasn't even her car that was hit. I had her car that day, and how had she known I would need to come see my Dad, Charles now, before Christmas?

I sit at the kitchen table and put my head in my hands and ist there. I need to go to Grandmas, I wonder if she would have answers for me. I should probably call her before I go, just so its not out of no where. I go upstairs in a hurry for some reason, I fling the door open and go to the night stand and grab my phone as I sit down I dial her number.

Three rings and an older soft voice answers. "Blake, are you alright dear?" I smile and tears start to splur out. Her voice is so soft, something I have missed. "Yeah, I'm okay. How are you Grandma?" I ask wanting to know and not trying to make small talk. "Oh, just organizing your mothers bills and what not, nothing for you to worry about. How is your father?" She moves on to a new subject.

"Hmm, Grams. If only you knew. I found out the other day that Charles isn't my real Dad. Grant Blane is. I'm living with him now." I wait for her answer. The other line is silent. "Gra-' She cuts me off.

"Oh, Blake. I'm so sorry you had to find out this way. No one was suppose to say anything. How is Grant? Stubborn than ever I assume." She proclaims. She knew this whole time, then why had she insisted me going with Charles? "Yes, and very angry all the time." I go on talking about Grant.

Does she know that hes a wolf? "Hmm, sounds a lot like him. Just give him a taste of his own medicine and you should be fine." I laugh a little, scared that if I do give him a taste of his own medicine he might beat me up or worse, kill me.

"Well, the reason why I called was I was wondering if I could come down to get the rest of my stufff. I would probably take a train and stay a couple days or so. If thats okay with you. I just wanted to call before I baught my ticket." I push on her. I hope its not too much for her.

"Oh, Blake. That would be just wonderful! You should, when do you know?" Grandma sounds happy, she is crying I hear sniffles on the other line. I smile, I'm so glad someone wants to see me. "Umm, possibly this weekend? If everything goes to plan that is." I erge on. "Oh, good. I will have to make some dishes for you visit, and clean out a spare room. Oh I have so much to do! I will talk to you later on okay? Tell Grant I say hello, and i will be talking to him very soon." The dial tone goes blank and then I know Grandma has hung up.

I can't believe how excited she seemed. She was so jubilant, why? I have only been gone for a week tops, how is that? I lay on my bed and think of Grandmas house. It always smelled like cinnamon and apples. Probably from those candles she always made in her crafts room. I miss Grandma.  I wonder how she is doing having to lose her only daughter.

"There you are." Scared to death by Christians booming voice, I sit up and look him over. "Whats wrong?" His face is white as a ghost and his shirt is torned. "Where's Kane?" When he doesn't answer my first question."I-I  umm-he was." Christian fumbles for words.

"Hes fine, I need you." What? Did he really just say that? "Christi-" I go to say his name in confusion, but his soft lips cover mine and they are so soft. His body is against mine, his hands moving up my sides, feeling my every breath, my every move. I shouldn't be kissing him back but he taste so good. Wait, what am I saying? How can someone taste good?

He bites my lip in a playful way, he smiles on my lips and this takes me back to in the woods when we were holding hands. Wow, shocks literally run up my spine. "Ouch!" I push him off and he goes flying against the wall across from my bed, that really hurt. "You shocked me." I say in an annoying voice. "Damn." Christian sits on my floor, did I realy just push him and like throw him?

"I-umm, I'm sorry. Don't tel Grant please." Christian gets up and looks at me with sorrow. "Christian, please tell me what is going on with you, you are confusing me." I beseach him, I am so confused.

He doesn't answer me but he goes toward the door but I quickly get up and slam it shut. Where is this anger coming from? Christian looks at me up and down, I suddenly become shy. "Blake, I need you to stay away from me. You are so pow-, you just have to stay away." He says the words between hsi teeth. Is he angry? 

I look at him and he seems legit, he opens the door but I don't know what to do. He tells me to stay away and then he kisses me and then he tells me to stay away. What the hell? I don't understand at all.

"Christian, please. You have to tell me what is going on with you. One minute we are fine but then you flip and say you can't be with me. I don't understand." I tell him looking him in the eyes. "Blake, god. I wish you were changed already." He tucks his head down and I feel the warmth vaporize onto me. Hes so warm. "Then. Change. Me." What? Did I really just say that? Maybe I do want to become one.

No,No,No! You will have Grant do it, he will do it right and then nothing bad will happen. "Blake, you don't understand. Its not that simple." Christian goes on in this muscular voice, hes back to his old self. "I know, I'm sorry. I shouldn't have asked." I take back what I said immediately. "Are we okay?" I ask wanting to know what he is thinking.

"For now." He smiles at me and then opens the door and leaves.The smile shows me we are good, but why those choice of words? I lean against the door and feel the shock still running through me, hmmm wow. Who knew a kiss could be that powerful?