Deep Thoughts

Chapter Four

I take a deep breath and go through the events of today. Christian had asked me to coffee but then said no because why? Then Tye got into that accident, which wasn't my fault but I thought I did. I went out to coffee with everybody and then Christian came anyways? What was he doing there? And then that kid, what was his deal? What did he mean by magic? Had he closed my door with "Magic?" If thats even real.

I hadn't  really believed in magic when I was younger. I was more of a tree climbing kid. Mom told me stories about princesses and princes who saved them but I hadn't had the thought that magic was actually real. I mean, I guess if you studied that stuff thats okay but could you actually be a witch? What am I talking about?

Me, a witch?

I focused more on my geometry and got that done then swiped the homeowork free from my bed and just layed there twisting my hair every which way. Dad was downstairs watching tv, and I could hear the shots of the guns go off from the tv show. I flipped over on my belly and looked out my window so my body layed long ways against my bed. I place my hands holding up my chin.

I look at the blood still smeared there from the other day. I should clean it but the snow will wash it off sooner or later. I watch the trees swift back and forth as the wind blows it. The snow falls lightly on the bareless trees. Making them colorfull with white snow. I watch the sky change from white to a dark cloud full sky.

Its about eight thirty now and Dad hasn't started dinner. What are we having? Maybe its a survive on your own kind of night. I mean he doesn't have to cook every night. Unless he wants too.

"Blake, you have visitor!" Dad yells up the stairs. I groan and get off my bed and climb down the stairs. Its probably Christy wanting to talk. I reach the bottom of the steps and find Christian in the door way while Dad walks back into the living room. "Hey. Can we talk?" Christian asks me in a husky voice. Hes so sexy. Why must I be so attracted to him? "Yeah, about what?" I ask shyly. He smiles at me and motions me outside. "Its freezing!" I tell him. "Grab a coat." He smiles at me and I do so.

I follow him outside on the porch and I sit down on the small bench while Christian leans against the porch fraim. "So what do we need to talk about?" I ask him shoving my hands in my coat pocket. "I just wanted to say hi." He says calmly and smiles a bit.

"How did you know where I live?" I ask confused for a second. "Your Mom and My Dad were close friends. He would always take me over here when I was younger." What? His Dad knew my Mom? Did they have a thing. Does my Dad know about this?

"Well this is news." I say kind of coldly. Why hadn't my Mom said anything? "Blake don't take it in a bad way. They were friends and nothing more I promise." He says keeping me calm.

"So your Dad and my Mom were friends?" I ask one more time like there was something hidden in the sentence. "Yes Blake. Why is this so hard to understand?" What? Why is it so hard for me to understand?

"I'm sorry, I don't know." I say honestly and look down at my shoes. "Blake, what did that guy say to you today?" He asks me. I look up and meet his hazel gaze. "The blonde? Nothing really, he said something about magic." I giggle a little at the word but Christian stays silent.

"Magic? Did he say you had magic?" What? Are you serious? "No, why would i have magic?" I laugh a little but then stop because Christian stays quiet and his face looks worried.

"He's dangerous Blake. Stay away from him, okay?" Christians tone is dark and heavy and it scares me.

"Right, Im not going to go find this guy now okay? Im not crazy!" My tone becomes louder and I hear my Dad tap on the window. I smile at him and he goes back to the couch to watch tv. "Im sorry Blake,  just want you safe." He tells me in a lullaby voice. He barely knows me, how could he want me safe?

"I should go." Christian says when we say nothing for a minute or two. For some reason I don't want him to leave. A wire keeps us together, and when wer away from eachtoher it feels like it pulls me tighter and I can't breath. Its a weird feeling but I shrug it off. "Please, don't. I-I-" I become wordless and Christian turns arounds and meets my gaze once more. He smiles.

"Blake, we can't be together. I don't like you like that at all. I find no interest in you." He tells me in a calm voice with that smile on his face. What? But he totally followed me to the Coffee Shop and he suddenly knows where I live. Yeah right he doens't like me.

"Then why have you been following me? And why do you want me safe if you don't have feelings for me?" I snap back at him getting angrier as he just stands there shrugging his shoulders.  "You don't get it, Blake. I don't like you at all." He repeats. I feel tears build up in my eyes but I won't let them fall. My fists clench inside my pockets and I feel them becoming white. Just like in the car ride.

I feel an energy build up inside me and I just want to scream, but before a peep comes out the light above us shatters toward the ground and sparks fly every where. I did that! That was me?

"Blake. . . " Is all Christian can say.

I am in shock as well and can't quite tell what exactly happened. But I do know something, that time it was me.

"Blake, meet me at your car after school tomorrow. Okay? I have to show you something." He nods at me and then I nod as well. He walks down the steps and to his car. Climbs in and he strolls away in his silver car.

I go back inside, dazed. Did that really just happen? Did I make that light burst. But how?

"You hungry?" Dad asks me breaking my thoughts. "What? Umm, I think Im just going to go to bed." I say walking toward the stairs. "You okay? What did James's boy want?" Dad asks before I can take a step up. That must be Christians Dad's name. "He just wanted to know about the homework in geometry." I lie to him.

"Then why were you yelling at him?" Dad catches me in my lie. I become hot and dizzy. "I don't know, it was over something stupdi. I promise Dad." I turn to look at him. "Okay, Blake. But remember you can tell me stuff okay?" He sounds sad, i shouldn't lie to him but what else am I suppose to say? " I know Dad." I say and then he smiles and thats how I know things are good between us again.

I jog up the stairs taking two steps at a time and climb under my blankets. So, Christian doessn't like me? Bull, then why. . . Let it go Blake. My subconscious tells me. I need to just let it go. Maybe he has a girlfriend that doesn't go to our school. Yeah thats it.

I roll over on my side and look out my window and watch the snow fall. I think of Mom. Had she really been friends with James, Christians Dad? Dad sure knew who Christian was. Had Dad known? There was so much I didn't know about Mom, things she hadn't told me. But why? What is she keeping from me. It couldn't be that bad, did she have an affair? Maybe that was why they split up.

No. That makes no sense.

But a lot of things didn't make sense at this point.