A Surprise at the End

Kane is down below! Don't forget to comment, vote, or fan!(:

Chapter 14

"Why can't I go!?" I yell at Grant furious. Hes not my father, well he is. But he sure doesn't act like one! He bosses me around, and tells me to get out of his way, what kind of father is that? "Because, its too dangerous." He booms at me. He slips on his jacket to go out "hunting" with Molly and Kane.

I have to convince him to let me go before Friday. I need to buy my tickets, and its already Wednesday. I need to put on my a game. "Please, Grant. I will never ask you for another thing." Even though I haven't asked him for anything... yet. I see him giving in but then, "No. Its too dangerous for you to go by yourself." He says repeating himself again.

Dangerous? I'm going to my Grandmas house how dangerous is that? "Please, I will be careful okay." I try to get him but he is walking closer to the door. I feel the pressure coming out of me, I have to get him to say yes. "Blake, I said no. Its too dang-"

"Christian will go with me!" I cut him off and I'm staring at Christian who just happened to walk in the kitchen. I smile, I've got him. There is no possible way for him to say no now. I have someone strong and safe to go with me so ha! "What am I signing up for?" Christian asks. Shit, hes going to blow the whole thing. I look at him and he looks tired, his eyes are red and his face is a little bit too white. Why does he look sick. Or like hes dying?

"Shhh." I snap at him. I look at Grant. "Please." I add quietly. I've got him, this is it!

"I will think about it, and I will talk to Christian. Lets go now." He calls for Molly and Kane and they pop up from the chairs. "You coming?" Grant looks over Christian and Christian shakes his head. Hes staying with me, again? Will he kiss me again? "Maybe you should go." Molly pushes, she looks at me and then flickers back to Christian.

Is she still mad about my comment about my Mother earlier? I don't understand why shes even mad in the first place. "No, I aint earlier. I'm good." He doesn't give her a smile. He just stands there with his hands in his pockets. "Well can we go, I'm hungry." Kane begins. "Lets go." and with that said by Grant they are gone and it is just Christian and I, alone. Once again.

I look Christian over as he talks about his mom's death. Weird how we have both lost our moms. He looks so peaceful talking about her. I sip my hot chocolate as I listen to him chat. "And then I just came back here with my Dad. Hes not around as much, Grant is more of my guardian. But he acts like an asswhole." I smile at his choice of words.

Grant is a good leader, but he could be a lot less viscious, aspecially with Kane. Hes so mean and he needs a reality check, we aren't going to listen to him if he constantly yells at us. I mean who would? He makes us scared of him so we follow instructions. But it doesn't have to be that way. We could just all get along and follow directions. One thing is for sure, he needs a new teaching method.

"So you and your Dad are close?" I ask him coming back to our conversation. "Eh, yeah. He likes to talk to Jenna more. But its okay I don't mind." Did he say Jenna? As in my da- Charles's girlfriend and soon to be father and mother Jenna? "What does she look like?" I ask suddenly very curious. "Oh, she has dark hair and like brown eyes I guess. I heard she is staying in town, but I'm not sure where." Oh my god! It is the same person, but is she a wolf? Does Dad I mean Charles know?

He has to know since he got one pregnant. I'm debating if I should tell Christian about the information I know. Maybe I should dig deeper, just incase she isn't a bad person. "So you don't like Jenna?" I ask him wanting to know more about her.

"I don't dislike her, but she's not the best person to be friends with." He says in a sort of edge in his voice. Whats that suppose to mean? I can't hold it in any longer,"Is she a wolf?" I ask in a rush. Christian starts to burst out in laughter and in between his laughter he says, "Hell No! If she was we all would be doomed. No, but shes not someone to have around when you are a wolf. Shes more of a hunter." Thats the first time I have heard the word.

A wolf hunter.

It frightens me a bit, one of the reasons I'm scared to become one.

So she isn't a wolf so Charles shouldn't come into any danger. Right? "Blake, you have nothing to worry about. There hasn't been a wolf hunter that doesn't know us since you came to town. And hes not even human." His words shock me a little.

Since I came to town? Images run through my head but I can't seem to find a strange man in them.

Then it hits me. The man from the Coffee shop. He thought I had magic? Was he talking about me being a wolf? "Yeah, that man. He closed my door, but he was no where near me!" The pieces fit together and I get excited but then confused once again. How did he do that?

As if Christian could read my thoughts he says, "He's a witch. Thats how he could close your door. He has magic and so do we, but we need a bunch of wolves together to use it. He wants it. And-" He stops there and doesn't speak.

"And what Christian?" I ask eager to know. He doesn't want to say, but I need to know.

"What!?" I ask him anxious. "You have magic on your own. Thats how you broke that light bulb on your own. Its weird I don't know how you did it but you did. Grant says it has something to do with the Colby Clan. They come from a powerful clan that carries more magic than any other." He stops and I focus on what he is saying.

"Its only you and your mother in the colby clan." What? He just said my mother is in the Colby Clan, as if she is still alive. "What did you say?" I ask one more time wondering if he is going to repeat himself. "Oh, and your Grandmother. Bet you didn't know that one huh?" He asks me changing the subject. He knows what he did.

"Christian, you have to tell me." I ask in plea. His eyes wonder around not meeting  my gaze. Then suddenly they are glued to mine.

"Blake, your mother is dead. She died in a car accident. You saw her at her funeral." He says this in a monotone voice and then I suddenly start to cry missing my mother.

I sit there in my tears, soaking my face. "Blake, I didn't mean to make you cry I"m sorry." He comes over to me and hugs me. He is so warm, the tears just spill out and I can't remember why I am crying. Christian takes my cup from me and sets it on the coffee table. He holds me for a while, and I feel safe in his arms. I don't know what else to do besides sit here. My tears have soaked up in his clothes and mine as well.

I am done crying and he keeps holding me. Is he scared to let go i might start up once again? I become very tired, and then I drift off into a sleep.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When I wake up Christian is brushing his fingers against my forehead lightly. It feels good but I need to wake up. I sit up and stretch out, unknowingly I have fallen over in a lay down position with my head in his lap. Hmm, I can't believe he allowed that. I yawn once again, and then look over to find a stranger staring back at me.

"Hello Blake, I am Jayden. Your new best friend." The stranger smiles at me and he leaves me breathless.