Time to Die

Hey Guys, its getting close to the end of the book! I hope you guys have enjoyed the ride(:

Chapter 25

I watch him kick Christian in the side another time with his steel toed boots. Christian howls in pain as it reaches his breaking point.

"Where is she!" He asks Christian nailing him right in the side once more with another blow making Christian spit blood up. "I'll never fucking tell you!" Christian repeats only the hundredth time this afternoon. This sharade has been going on for two hours straight. Why is he picking on Christian, why isn't he asking me any questions.

But then I don't know who he is talking about.

"Mutt! Tell me!" He pretends to kick him but then he doens't but only fools us all.

"Who are you looking for?" I ask childishly wanting to sound mature, also not wanting Christian to get hit anymore. He looks over at me with dark hazel eyes and walks over to me his boots clicking together like keys on a chain. "Who?" He asks but I know he hasn't finished his sentence. I can smell black leather on his breath.

"I think you mean, what." Accenting the T at the very end spitting on me. I blink away from him and catch a glance at Christian. He's shaking his head, but why? Who is the wolf hunter looking for?

"Tell your boyfriend if he doesn't tell me where she is, I'm going to kill you with much fun." He raises his eyebrows and I feel my body go numb. "I don't know who you are talking about." I tell him honestly not wanting to get hurt. But for some reason I think he is lying. Hesitating, he has to be stalling for someone.

The red head maybe?

"LIttle Blake, if I don't get what I want I will be a very angry man. You don't want to see me when I'm angry. Now tell me where the god damn wolf is!" He yells grabbing onto my wrists and pressing hard into my pulse.

"I-I don't understand." I stutter not knowing what he wants. It makes me angry that he is keeping me in the dark. He lets go pushing me onto the bed in anger. He thumps around in the room holding his hands on his head.

"You haven't told her have you?" He asks Christian. Sitting across from where I sit leaning on the small table. Christian looks at me and then looks away.

"Well, your boyfriend here is very high on human blood. He loves the rush it gives him and if he doesn't get it he could possibly rip someone's head off, doesn't matter if your human or a wolf. He will kill you. Now Christian, if you don't want me to tell her the rest. You will tell me where she is hiding." He growls back at Christian.

He would never hurt me, Christian couldn't stand letting me be with Jayden.

But then again he did turn you. My wolf snaps at me.

"No, go ahead. I want to hear the rest." I tell the wolf hunter with a high voice. "Well, I had a friend. Gabby she was my assistant and my wife, I was out hunting one night and this little tramp came and decided to attack me. Good thing Gabby was there or I would have been dead. But instead of biting me he bit Gabby and turned her. That is who I am looking for." He tells me.

Christian killed his wife and thats why he is chasing us. To get revenge or to find his beloved wolf wife? "Why would Christian know where your Gabby is?" I asked wondering how we all tied in to this. "Little Blake, do try to understand. Gabby is a shape shifter. She shifts into other people's bodies. She is in your little boyfriends mate! What don't you get!" He barks at me and gets up and goes over to Christian. He crouches down and starts whispering to him.

Gabby is a shape shifter, and a wolf? What does that even mean? If it means anything then that means that Christian's mate is Gabby? Then Megan is Gabby? How it makes no sense. Is that why she is gone, no where to be found just like Jayden. Have they left us to be killed by this avengefull man?

*****************************************************

Christian's P.O.V

Blake and I walk into Jayden's room. She seems so excited to see Jayden. I hope he can handle himself around her. I would hate to see her get hurt in all of this if he cant. 

I dont see anyone in here, just the tv blaring gun shots from the speakers. I run into the bathroom seeing the light flickering. Shit.

"Christian please let me go. I don't want him to find me. What would you do if he killed me, if he kills me he kills Megan too. Just let me go please!" Gabby begs me. She is laying across the floor blood bleeding from her mouth. This is her last shape shift. She is dying and the wolf hunter isn't going to like this. He will say its all my fault.

"Why did you have to come here, bug us Gabby! We havent done anything but help you!" I shake her wanting to know answers. "He wants Blake safe, thats all. He wants her to go as far as she can away from your pack. Thats it. Make her go and he will leave you alone for good. She is a good girl, she needs to be in a different pack." She tells me with little voice.

"Why?" It doesn't make any sense. If Shelby left her alone why was the wolf hunter wanting to kill her, why would she trick me into changing her.

Was Shelby really trying to make me mate Blake? Maybe it wasn't Shelby at all. Maybe it was Gabby shape shifting again. "Gabby please I need to know." I shake her some more.

"You and her belong together. Thats all that matters. Haven't you seen that yet? Thats why I'm in Megan's body and not yours. Megan is dying with me, as long as she isn't alive you are free to mate. You will know more in the future. Just for now, please help Blake get to where she needs to be." Gabby says with one last gasp.

Blood drips from her mouth. Shit!

"Blake go into your room and lock all the doors and windows. Don't let anyone in! You understand?" I ask her hoping she can understand.

I hear her run across the room and open and shut the door. Thank god she is safe. "Gabby, what do I do?" I ask her one last time. "Gabby." I ask.

"Tell him I am dead."

**********************************************************

"Now, are you going to tell me where she is?" He asks Christian one last time. Christian shakes his head, but says something.

"I can't tell you where she is because I dont know. She died. She was only suppose to shape shift a dozen more times but her body couldn't handle it." I can't believe the words he is saying.

All this time, thats all he could said was that she was dead. He would have saved himself but no he had to be stupid! Why? What was the point?

"Well, isn't that news. I guess I will have to kill your brother then." He walks away toward the door.

No, he can't kill Jayden!

"Please, don't. I will do anything please." I beg him unable to move.

"Blake don't." Christian says but the wolf hunter waves one hand up.

"You don't love Christian. You love Jayden don't you. Awe, how sweet." He looks at me and then at Christian.

"I'll tell you what. You can have one last minute with Jayden if I get to beat Christian black and blue. Fair?" He asks me. I would do anything to see Jayden.

"Fine. Its a deal." I tell him hating Christian at the moment."

"Good, Christian you know where to meet us." He winks at us and then leaves the door wide open.

------------------------------------------------------------------------