One: Night Visitor

A/N: Hello everyone, this is book two following the events of The Three Bannermen. I was originally not going to write a second book but found I couldn't help my imagination from running with the original characters. I hope all my Bannermen fans enjoy the second book. Thanks for supporting my writing <3 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The Oak Prince walked outside.

In the late night air, the soft sound of crickets humming against the music flowing out of the Oak Castle's windows brought immense joy to his heart. Nowhere else could he listen to such billowing, heart-wrenching music.

It was a gorgeous early fall evening. Warm, earthy leaves blanketed the ground. A slight chill brought the Oak Prince's cold hands into his deep coat pockets where they fiddled with the tiny strings at the bottom.

He was taking a short evening stroll through the Oak Garden after everyone else fell asleep. Outside, the air helped him think. Decide.

His eyes wandered over the plants spiraling along the edge of the path. After several years of regular upkeep and nurture, they appeared quite healthy. Blossoming. They were fuller, taller than he remembered. Time flew indescribably fast.

Has it really been that long? 

He thought about it. All of those months between the war torn Noirwood of the past and the Noirwood now. He reflected on who he'd been then, who he was now. The days, months, that had passed.

The years. 

He blinked. It couldn't be. Had it been years? The Oak Prince shook his head, amazed by the smooth passage of time. Briskly, he continued on towards his goal. The soft moonlight cast shadows around him, his feet dipping inside the black blobs of plant shadows following him on his journey to the flower beds. 

To the rose beds. 

Jungkook began to notice a faint scuttle behind him, but did not turn around. He knew who it was.

"Although I may be deaf, I can tell when you sneak out on me, y'know."

The Oak Prince released a light chuckle. Of course Prince Kim would recognize his absence in their king sized bed. Taehyung was the kind who noticed all, picked apart everything detail for detail. Amused, Jungkook motioned for his husband to catch up next to him. Once the blonde came into sight, the ravenette reached down for the familiar tan hand. He gave it a nice squeeze.

"Going to the roses I suppose?" Taehyung intertwined his warm hand with Jungkook's. He cast a glance at the moon in the sky as the ravenette nodded. 

Hand in hand, the pair continued on their journey to the maroon beds in the chilly air. Several of the roses were already starting to wilt, their petals crusting and crumbling to the earth. 

The Oak Prince let go of the blonde's hand to cup one of the fuller-looking roses between his hands. He leaned forward, nose barely brushing against a soft petal as he inhaled. 

Signing to his husband to do the same, Jungkook watched as the sleepy blonde bent down and smelled the faint odor of the rose. A smile broke out across his lips. 

"Still smells lovely...like you."

The ravenette laughed, pressing a gentle kiss to the Taehyung's temple as he straightened. The blonde lazily wrapped an arm around his husband's waist, pulling himself in close to the other's body. A gust of wind tousled the couple's hair as the moon slid behind a cloud. 

Without the moon for light, it was rather dark in the Oak Garden. The blonde didn't seem to mind, however. His eyelids fluttered shut and he leaned more of his weight into Jungkook.