Ten: Father

A/N: 

Hiiii, sorry my updates are slow.

I was busy working on Hope Noodles, another of my stories.

(SHamEless ProMO)

I have huge plans for this book...FYI.

:)

_izzy_

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Gentle music pulsed from the interior of the Oak Castle, upon Taehyung's fervent classical requests. As he waltzed to the vibrations the music sent through him (he didn't even know if genuinely good music was playing--it could have been pots and pans smashing together) he smiled. Even if music wasn't clear to him on the outside, tunes from memory cycled in his mind. Right when the largest crescendo burst into his consciousness, he opened the door to the planning room.

"Hello Taehyung."

A small splash of disappointment brushed over the ending of the melody in the blonde's head. When the servant had told him someone from Laurel Castle was here to speak with him, he was expecting an old colleague, perhaps a messenger...

Not Eonjin's maid of honor.

"Hello." Taehyung mentally cursed himself for forgetting the girl's name. "How are you?"

The short-haired blonde girl gave him a tired smile. In her hands was a small, black envelope. "Could be better."

The former Laurel Prince silently made his way to the girl seated at the end of one of the tables. He didn't miss the way in which she slightly leaned away from him as he approached. He had nothing against the girl, nothing serious  at least, but he couldn't understand why Eonjin would befriend such a...plain person. She wasn't ugly, not in the least, but the way she carried herself was without color--the way she moved, without expression. In other words, she was the complete opposite of Taehyung. The blonde bet that if he could hear her speak, he would cringe at the monotonous tone she was bound to have.

"So," Taehyung started as he sat down, "I understand you have news for me?" He eyed the black envelope in her hand.

Eonjin's friend tapped the envelope against the table once before handing it over to the man across from her. "Yes. I still don't know why Eonjin needed me to deliver the message, but..." She visibly frowned and glanced at her nails.

Eonjin must know how much I am at odds with this girl...why does my sister know perfectly well how to get on my nerves?

"Thanks." Taehyung didn't bother with opening it carefully. He tore into the black paper, eager to see what Eonjin wanted to tell him.

Inside the envelope was a professionally crafted invitation, laced with Laurel prints and sparkles. He unfolded the paper and prayed it wasn't an uninvite to the wedding. His sister wasn't that mean, right...?

"OH MY GOD!"

The large, black letters at the top of the neatly designed card caught him off guard. He was expecting a "CONGRATULATIONS! YOU'RE UNINVITED!" or a "NOPE, SORRY BROTHER, YOU CAN'T COME ANYMORE!"

He was not expecting:

"SURPRISE! YOU ARE CORDIALLY INVITED TO EONJIN'S BABY SHOWER! SAVE THE DATE--DECEMBER 7TH IN THE LAUREL CASTLE'S BALLROOM!"

Underneath the invitation was a short note from Eonjin herself.

Hi Tae,

I know we haven't been on the best terms, but I knew I had to make it up to you. It was wrong of me to mention your condition as a disability and I realize now that true love conquers everything. Jungkook is very lucky to have someone as cool as you. Speaking of husbands, I hope you aren't mad at me enough to skip out on the wedding...and the BABY SHOWER! Oh my God, Taehyung, I've always wanted to be a mother and now you can be an uncle! I found out months ago that I was with child but I wanted to be sure it would stick. Oh, what do I name it? I'm kind of hoping for a little girl, and Florian a boy, but it's up to fate now! Best wishes down at Oak Castle, I have too many preparations to make in the next few weeks for the wedding and shower that I probably won't be able to visit you beforehand. The dress you're making for me, or at least I hope you didn't give up on it out of spite for me, you can send north when it's finished. Can't wait to see it!