Seven: Sky

A/N: OmG! I start college TOMORROW and I'm really nervous.

I'm going in full time and I have a part time job, so I apologize if updates aren't fast.

I'm thankful for anyone who reads this story, tbh.

have a greatttttt day! I hope you aren't as troubled as the Oak Prince is rn.

Love u all,

!~IZZY~!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Then he kicked that guy's feet out from under him--stupid barbarian wasn't expecting it and-"

"Wren, it's getting late. I should probably head back to my room. I'd love to hear more stories about you and Prince Park fighting later though."

Wren's flushed face showed a hint of disappointment before he nodded. "Okay, Oak Prince. You'll have to-" Wren burped and apologized. "You'll have to share some of your own stories about Prince Park after the crypts tomorrow..."

Wren's voice pitched high at the end, swaying away from the words he was about to say. If we make it out alive.

Jungkook simply smiled back as he turned to lift himself out of the spring. He was careful to avoid the wine glasses that lined the edge of the water.

"Thanks for helping, Wren. I'll see you tomorrow." The Oak Prince felt the water evaporating off of his hot skin as he glided toward a towel rack in the corner of the room. He quickly dried himself off and threw his clothes back on over his damp underwear, hoping the water wouldn't bleed through the fabric. But in his slightly buzzed state, he didn't really mind if it did.

Originally, the Oak Prince promised himself he would remain sober for the night; he needed to think clearly in order to comprehend the vast idea of him traveling (without Taehyung's approval) into some sketchy underground tunnels the next day. However, Wren's encouragement to let some of his worries go through specialty wine made him think twice.

Once a kindly Stone Servant delivered the drinks to the spring and Jungkook took what he thought would only be "one sip," he knew he was a goner. The alcohol burned all of his doubts away as it washed down his throat, and Wren's stories about his relations with the Stone Family improved Jungkook's mood greatly. Five glasses of wine later, he didn't even know why he was so anxious about the whole thing in the first place.

"Sleep well, Prince Jeon. The fate of Noirwood depends on a good night's sleep!" Wren's lazy, drunken tone was friendly enough, but still left a sour patch in the ravenette's mouth.

"Will do." He whispered, mainly to himself. After an attempt at a good-spirited wave farewell, the Oak Prince drifted out of the hot spring. What time was it?

He fumbled around for his pocket watch in his pant pocket. The watch face was a bit steamed up, but after swiping it with a shirt sleeve, he groaned.

11:43.

He tucked his prized possession back into its place at his hip and started up the stone stairwell leading to his room. Moments later, he was stripping from the uncomfortably damp clothing sticking to him and jumping under the thin sheets of his guest bed. For once he was thankful for the coercion of drinking alcohol from a stranger. The sleepiness that sat in his bones wouldn't be interrupted--even if intense images of Taehyung or Jimin surfaced in his mind. He could hear the barely audible ticking of his pocket watch as he slipped into a restless slumber.

Sleep. Sweet sleep.

* * * * *

Jungkook's teeth went to bite his lip before he even opened an eye. Chewing, gnawing...because what was that disturbing feeling?